+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too soon to drop Woodman?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Too soon to drop Woodman?

Personally, I think it is.

He's a good 'keeper who's been exposed by Bruce's inability to organise a defence-or, indeed.to pick actual defenders instead of midfielders and wingers.

He's done some good stuff and some not so good but I think he's actually grown in confidence which has resulted in him commanding his box more effectively. I think it's worth persevering with him because we need to see if he's up to the job and we'll never know if we don't give hm the chance.

Thoughts?

Good topic and one I've been thinking about a lot since last game. Personally I wouldn't drop him just yet. It is a really hard decision to make to be honest because of how well Darlow played last season when Dubravka was injured. But I'd really like to see Woodman given a longer run as I think he has the potential to be a better all round Keeper than Darlow.

I think he's worth perserving with.

Were it Dubs coming back, I'd say he could be dropped but for a recovering Darlow. . . I'd say no. Leave him in place.

Both spot on, lads. Aye, if it was Dubravka, I'd put him straight back in. But, I agree that Woodman is going to end up being better than Darlow so I think he needs experiences like this as part of his education as a 'keeper.

He was player of the year in the chimpo last year. It would be a massive mistake to drop him after one poor game.

I agree with you all here.

Keep Woody, Darlow I don't think has much of a future at the club anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Personally, I think it is.

He's a good 'keeper who's been exposed by Bruce's inability to organise a defence-or, indeed.to pick actual defenders instead of midfielders and wingers.

He's done some good stuff and some not so good but I think he's actually grown in confidence which has resulted in him commanding his box more effectively. I think it's worth persevering with him because we need to see if he's up to the job and we'll never know if we don't give hm the chance.

Thoughts?
    To my mind, it's more the defence that needs to be reorganised, trained to play the proper way a defence should play and not show the fragile cracks which would have any goalkeeper worried about his position.

Ah, well...apparently it's not too early.

Nope - I'm some how not surprised.

If we win the game, it's probably worth it but. . . I still think a mistake.

Then you have Joelinton with one poor performance after the next. Just shocking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)