+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Score, scorers and attendance predictions vs. Maidenhead Utd. 18.09.21 [NL]

Notts win 2-1, probably be 1-0 down at half-time. Everyone happy.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I was talking in general terms that some people get very worked up over things written on Notts County Mad, I wasn't referring to you on this occasion. Again it's all about interpretation.

Why people get so worked up and upset on here I will never understand.

I am confident that we will win the game, but for match day betting competition purposes I've predicted 1-1. It's really is that simple.
    As I always like to understand people, are you saying that you think the best strategy to win the match day betting competition is to go always for the result which you judge has the “best value” odds? In other words, if you think 1-1 should be 15 / 2 not the actual 13 / 2 you would choose it over the (say) 2-1 you actually think will be the result because the quoted odds for 2-1 look less “generous “?

I can see that might be a viable strategy if your predictions are no better than random. But if that was the case, why would your judgment of value be any better?

I'm sure it would be so much easier & simpler if you put down the score you think it might be, I mean its not as if there are any monies involved when the score is placed.
    Is there a hidden clause that 60YAP gets your house if you lose come the end of the season. Just checking , you don't get to own all the losers properties , belongings and possessions do you 60YAP ? if so all mines invested off shore!

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I was talking in general terms that some people get very worked up over things written on Notts County Mad, I wasn't referring to you on this occasion. Again it's all about interpretation.

Why people get so worked up and upset on here I will never understand.

I am confident that we will win the game, but for match day betting competition purposes I've predicted 1-1. It's really is that simple.
    I must admit I'm quite shocked that you edge your bets, its not like you've ever done that on anything before , or is it.?
    Lets recap your stance on a certain manager , He should never have got the job, He's brilliant ,He's moderately ok but will get us promoted, He might not get us promoted but He's still good, He shouldn't have got the sack but IB is great. He was rubbish, He was good and we should have kept him till the end of the season at least. He was rubbish , he should never have got the job, we shouldn't have sacked him we should have kept him to the end of the season, IB is fantastic Choo! Choo! , I think that synopsis sums up your comments (admittedly not word for word but your thoughts and comments over two seasons) in the life cycle of his tenure on the great man.
    Anyway lets not dwell on the past , I hope the sun is shining in the sky over there in Portugal for you happy betting.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I must admit I'm quite shocked that you edge your bets.
    I doubt that laddo has ever edged a bet, PedroTheFish
    Now hedging a bet is another matter.
    I can’t explain what edging is on a family board, look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    I doubt that laddo has ever edged a bet, PedroTheFish
    Now hedging a bet is another matter.
    I can’t explain what edging is on a family board, look it up.
    But we used to hop those back in the day ?
    I'm afraid I'm unable to look up edging as here at the monastery we have a filter on the computer, I shall ask father Norbetine for these things you speak of.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    But we used to hop those back in the day ?
    I'm afraid I'm unable to look up edging as here at the monastery we have a filter on the computer, I shall ask father Norbetine for these things you speak of.
    Bloody Hell I was edging the lawn only yesterday. Lets hope no one spotted me.

In what's probably a forlorn attempt to get the thread back on topic.

Notts 5 - 2 them

Wootton hattrick & a couple for Ruben

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    In what's probably a forlorn attempt to get the thread back on topic.

Notts 5 - 2 them

Wootton hattrick & a couple for Ruben

I’m with you and that’s not intended to be disrespectful to those involved in the chats that have gone off at a tangent.

I’m going for 5-1! I’ve had my sensible post for the day. I do fancy us to take majority of our chances at some point, today maybe that day.

Wootton hat trick, Mitchell & Palmer off the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Bloody Hell I was edging the lawn only yesterday. Lets hope no one spotted me.
    🤣🤣

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast