+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Burnley v Arsenal Match Preview

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    ...and Rob Holding (knee).
    Would that be Ron Knee, the legendary Neasden FC manager? If only his defender Baldy Pevsner (og) was in the Arsenil side we'd be sure to score at least once.

as long as Farteta's still the manager come start of play......we can't lose !

Quote Originally Posted by warminsterclaret View Post
    Would that be Ron Knee, the legendary Neasden FC manager? If only his defender Baldy Pevsner (og) was in the Arsenil side we'd be sure to score at least once.
    Aye, and if they would only play Neasden's fearless, one-legged custodian Wally Foot, we might even win the game, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Now that was disgraceful that one BT , a real wenger special and of all
    People Ramsay who I like as a footballer - 90 / 96 minute as well
    Cheating in its finest form.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    JGB, God bless him, has said in interview that we are going to try and make it difficult for The Arse. Presumably he means the other ten teammates. Wouldn’t it be better to go into a match with the view that we are going to win the match rather than stopping the other team from playing?

I remember the late, great Jimmy Mac saying that the mentality of the team was always “you score three, we will score four”. Positive, not negative!
    Swiss I’ve posted about JBG a lot as he’s become a master at hiding on a football pitch for large parts of games ( sometimes he delivers quality but very rarely does it go past a 15 minute spell in a fixture).

He reminds me of when I was a boy and we’d played notts forest and my mates dad was scout for Burnley at the time so we were corporate after the game , could hear a commotion down at pitch side and shouting ground empty and players bathing etc - there was Brian Clough holding Ronnie Jepsom by his shirt collar shouting to be shown the F k-n hole he’d been hiding in for the game , stuck with me that and JBG is a master at it.
    Last edited by army88; 18-09-2021 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Aye, and if they would only play Neasden's fearless, one-legged custodian Wally Foot, we might even win the game, but I wouldn't bet on it.
    I received a telephone call only this morning from Sports correspondent of the Year E.I.Addio to confirm that Sid & Doris Bonkers will be in attendance this afternoon for the visit of their beloved Neasden FC to Turf Moor. Let’s give a warm Lancashire welcome to our visitors from Neasden.

At last a Saturday 3pm KO

Yes Norder, Farteta is not even an average Coach, good player that he was his skills as a Manager are very much wanting, but I fear we being Burnley could make it easy for him.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Swiss I’ve posted about JBG a lot as he’s become a master at hiding on a football pitch for large parts of games ( sometimes he delivers quality but very rarely does it go past a 15 minute spell in a fixture).

He reminds me of when I was a boy and we’d played notts forest and my mates dad was scout for Burnley at the time so we were corporate after the game , could hear a commotion down at pitch side and shouting ground empty and players bathing etc - there was Brian Clough holding Ronnie Jepsom by his shirt collar shouting to be shown the F k-n hole he’d been hiding in for the game , stuck with me that and JBG is a master at it.
    Are we any better when JGB is in the side, compared with the many times he is out because of injury? I think not. The same is true of Lennon, JayRod and Barnes. SD likes to improve players. I applaud that. I cannot say that any that I have mentioned have improved during their time with us.

Sadly they don’t make them like Brian Clough any more. The game is poorer for that.

Good to see that, today, the Clarets will line up against a team which cost 384.17 million to assemble and two of those cost nothing.

Cornet stays on the bench as Dyche persists with Barnes and Wood upfront

1Pope
    2Lowton
    5Tarkowski
    6Mee
    3Taylor
    7Gudmundsson
    8Brownhill
    18Westwood
    11McNeil
    10Barnes
    9Wood

Substitutes

4Cork
    13Hennessey
    17Lennon
    19Rodriguez
    20Cornet
    22Collins
    23Pieters
    26Bardsley
    27Vydra

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)