+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Burnley v Arsenal Match Preview

Played well in second half after subs made,didn't deserveto lose.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Played well in second half after subs made,didn't deserveto lose.
    Played well until we got to their penalty area then we ran out of ideas.Cornet looked a class above the rest of our team.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The local lad has done well for himself, works 7 minutes a week and gets paid 40 grand.

Nice work if you can get it!
    Especially when you are past your best.Another buy which was not based on logic but nostalgia.

What's the point of VAR? Stonewall penalty today, but we just don't get them.

I know no-one likes us, but this is ****ing ridiculous.

For me, the team played much better today, if we continue like this it can be a half way up the table finish. Very unhappy at Westwood, what a stupid foul in front of our goal ,plus the fact that Barnes standing in the wall, his feet stayed on the ground, like a half hearted attempt to connect with the ball, what's the use of standing in a wall if a player does not make maximum effort to stop a potential goal?
    The penalty, very hard to say ,better to see the incident with several camera shots. (From different angles!)
    I question if VAR, just shows the incident from a single camera? Depending on the angle ,it could mean a penalty is given ,or not?

Last season at this stage,

P5 W0 D1 L4 F3 A9 Pnts 1

This season,

P5 W0 D1 L5 F3 A9 Pnts 1

An identical start, even down to goals scored and conceded, so given that we stayed up comfortably last season, it's a bit early to be pressing the panic button, n'est ce pas ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Last season at this stage,

P5 W0 D1 L4 F3 A9 Pnts 1

This season,

P5 W0 D1 L5 F3 A9 Pnts 1

An identical start, even down to goals scored and conceded, so given that we stayed up comfortably last season, it's a bit early to be pressing the panic button, n'est ce pas ?
    so....yet another miserable season ?

but will it be better or worse than last seasons 17th placed finish ?

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    so....yet another miserable season ?
    Undoubtedly I would say Norder, very little possibility that it will be otherwise, but the strong possibility that three others will have even more miserable seasons, and we survive yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The local lad has done well for himself, works 7 minutes a week and gets paid 40 grand.

Nice work if you can get it!
    A passable attempt at camouflage BT but I happen to know you are the secretary of the JR fan club!

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    A passable attempt at camouflage BT but I happen to know you are the secretary of the JR fan club!
    Shush sinkov, it's suppose to be our little secret.

Attachment 19965

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)