+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Team v Maidenhead

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    We all would love to see a clean sheet at home, and no it is not too much to ask Kelton. Absolutely not, for a team to be successful over a season that has to happen and regularly.

But you must be enjoying not only how many goals we are scoring, or the number of chances we are creating (we could have scored 5 or more goals in 3 games already this season by all accounts) but more than anything our set pieces.

You must be thrilled at not only how we aren't conceding from them, but more impressively how we are all of sudden scoring from them?

Let's hear your thoughts on them positives
    Attacking football is great to watch and as I said before it is great to have Cal back and doing his stuff. 5 goal thrillers are fab to watch but that enjoyment will soon sour if they start going the other way?
    We have a new skipper and Lacey back plus Taylor. Things need to tighten up at the back.

All true, we do need to tighten up. At some point we will be on the wrong end of a 5 goal thriller however we are creating so many chances. If you don't score you don't win. It is exciting and entertaining good crowds. Is IB just a Moniz or a Moniz+? Now that's the 'Big Question' in my book.

And what about those goals from corners? It's unheard of at NCFC, we never score from corners. Has that after a long wait finally changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    I would just like to see a formation which keep a clean sheet at home…..not to much to ask is it? We continue to leak goals
    Like a sieve.
    I hear the harrangers already. Crazy comments like “it doesnt matter if we concede 2 against Aldershot cus we scored 3”
    It kind of does. We wont win the league playing like this and remember last year… we conceded 6 in 2 playoff games
    I’d rather we won 3-2 than kept a clean sheet and drew 0-0, to be honest.

Lots of good, successful teams go through seasons edging tight games 1-0. It’s not as common, but there’s nothing wrong particularly with being a team that edges tight games 3-2 instead. There’s just as much risk in either approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Attacking football is great to watch and as I said before it is great to have Cal back and doing his stuff. 5 goal thrillers are fab to watch but that enjoyment will soon sour if they start going the other way?
    We have a new skipper and Lacey back plus Taylor. Things need to tighten up at the back.
    would you rather us lose one nil ?

I think/hope we're going to be OK defensively without IB having to change his approach all that much

- defenders eliminating errors
    - raising their games individually, as they get more responsibility
    - better team defence ahead of them as players like R and R get fitter and fitter, and everyone gets to know their jobs better...

The set-piece issue has already improved. For tough away games there's always the option of a solid midfield 3 in front of Brindley/Lacey/Cameron/Chicksen. If all perform to their capabilities we should be OK.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234