+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT Domo on Kelham island

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    Brin you’re spot on with El Lupos lovely owners fantastic food and reasonable prices
    I used to take the parents there from the junior football team for a parents night out, I’m sure he gave me some free meal tickets, wonder if there still valid ? can’t imagine it’s run by the same owners as 30 years ago ?

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    I used to take the parents there from the junior football team for a parents night out, I’m sure he gave me some free meal tickets, wonder if there still valid ? can’t imagine it’s run by the same owners as 30 years ago ?
    It’s not. Stefan or Steven as he likes to be known, well it was his Mum and Dad ? and Vito who first opened Elupos in an upstairs room above an hairdressers, it only had about 8 small tables back then.

As the years progressed Vito bought the hairdressers downstairs and made it a two floor restaurant still selling their gorgeous food. Again years pressed on and eventually they bought the next door shop and knocked it through making it one ground floor restaurant. By this time Steven was working in Elupos along with a very young cheeky happy called Nino Falsone’.

After many more years with Vito and his Wife doing all the cooking, the lads continued serving up front. Eventually Mr and Mrs Micoli retired and both Steve and Nino bought the restaurant from them.

Elupos thrived for many more years earning rave reviews. Approximately 18 months ago both Steve and Nino decided to go their separate ways and sold the business to David the now new owner.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12