+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hugill

Hugill

Hugehill is tipped to play at Preston. We are currently making masses of chances but no one on the end of em. Is he the No 9 that we so desperately need? Adam Reach certainly believes he's the answer

https://tinyurl.com/n8vxwhnm

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Hugehill is tipped to play at Preston. We are currently making masses of chances but no one on the end of em. Is he the No 9 that we so desperately need? Adam Reach certainly believes he's the answer

https://tinyurl.com/n8vxwhnm
    Think he needs to have a go at starting.

I do think the Derby game was just one of those when things don’t go your way. I genuinely think on another day we could have had 6 goals with brilliant clear cut chances for Furlong (2), Phillips (2), Ajayi and Diangana. Notice none of them fell to a central striker but all were results of some excellent play by us, just not finished off.

For me nothing at all wrong with the second half against Derby just need chances to fall to someone with more composure who would have put them away.

I can’t het why so many fans are slating off the last performance because it could have been, and should have been, an absolute brilliant result if we had just taken our chances.

I am however in the camp of criticising the club for not getting an out and out finisher, such as a Gayle or Toney type because it has been so obvious for so long that we need one.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Think he needs to have a go at starting.

I do think the Derby game was just one of those when things don’t go your way. I genuinely think on another day we could have had 6 goals with brilliant clear cut chances for Furlong (2), Phillips (2), Ajayi and Diangana. Notice none of them fell to a central striker but all were results of some excellent play by us, just not finished off.

For me nothing at all wrong with the second half against Derby just need chances to fall to someone with more composure who would have put them away.

I can’t het why so many fans are slating off the last performance because it could have been, and should have been, an absolute brilliant result if we had just taken our chances.

I am however in the camp of criticising the club for not getting an out and out finisher, such as a Gayle or Toney type because it has been so obvious for so long that we need one.

What a well thought out, accurate, composed and intelligent post which I share 100%.

In recent games, we have looked a better team when he is on the pitch.

Paul Williams mark 2.

Hugill, another cart horse, had more clubs than Tony Jacklin, wonder why, we seem to be experts at signing them, recents.. Zohore, Austin, Lambert, HRK, Anchibe the list is endless
    Hugill played the second half v Derby and scored none
    Dwight Gayle stats 100 Championship games 59 goals
    Jordan Hugill stats 210 Championship games 46 goals
    I know which one I want
    Last edited by Bombers right foot; 17-09-2021 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    Hugill, another cart horse, had more clubs than Tony Jacklin, wonder why, we seem to be experts at signing them, recents.. Zohore, Austin, Lambert, HRK, Anchibe the list is endless
    Hugill played the second half v Derby and scored none
    Dwight Gayle stats 100 Championship games 59 goals
    Jordan Hugill stats 210 Championship games 46 goals
    I know which one I want

Me too Bomber! I know which one that disgusting little w anker in China wants though! Zero cost being the buzz word!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Paul Williams mark 2.
    😱

Hugill and Gayle aren't the same type of player so how can you compare them? and also one will cost far more than the other and is constantly injured and if story's are to be believed has a bust up with a coach this week at Newcastle.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    Hugill and Gayle aren't the same type of player so how can you compare them? and also one will cost far more than the other and is constantly injured and if story's are to be believed has a bust up with a coach this week at Newcastle.
    Absolutely correct SnS, they are different types of players that is the point!

Also I said that we were brilliant, except for scoring in the second half, and of course that was after Hugill come on. I also said he deserved to start the game today. Not against him as such, as I wasn’t with Rondon before him. Just different types of player.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)