+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T. Green energy

O/T. Green energy

Does anyone have solar panels or other green energy to power there homes.
    I've been looking into solar panels for my home as I'm a high consumption user. Last year I was 6.44kw at a cost of £1320 and this year it will be more as I have just installed a 3kw heater to my koi pond.
    As most know I'm in construction, so have access to reliable electrician scaffolder ect. I priced up the parts I would need at £8300. This gives me 16 x 350w panels. Inverters, control panels. Battery charger 10kw Battery backup And all the cabling and fixing brackets. Only down side is if I fit it myself then I can't connect to the grid which would not allow me to get paid for the excess electricity
    I had my first quote last week for solar project UK.. advertised as providing 70% of the solar power to the UK.. for what I have above and connection to the grid £13500. I showed him the door. 2 days later he calls. "If we could do it 12k would you have it".
    Urrm. Fek off.
    Yesterday I gets a call from the area manager. He comes in at £10500. So I asked him to send me the detail breakdown of electricity saved,. Battery saving and what I can gain by selling excess back to the grid. What he didn't know was I had these detailed from the original salesman.

Original salesman figures for,
    electric saving. selling back to grid, battery saving.
    Year 1.
    .£366.50 saving on electric
    .£126.22 sell back to grid
    .£245.90 battery saving

Area manager
    Year 1
    . £366.50 saving on electric
    . £50.70 sell back to grid
    .£120.90 battery sacing..

I've sent him 3 emails to ask him why the figures don't add up. Still no reply.

So I guess my question is. Anyone got solar and can you recommend it

Well I decided to bite the bullet and go down the solar route.
    After research I found out if you keep the system under 3.6kw you don't need a msc credited installer to install the system. Just fill in a g98 form via the dno which for Sheffield is northern power grid
    I've done a self install and fitted 15 panels to my garage roof with a 3.6kw inverter. South facing but not the ideal 29 degree angle.
    Today was the first day I've been running and from the setup I produced 19.2kw. whilst I only used 9.5kw. the rest went back to the grid. Which basically equates to 9.40am to 6.15pm we generated our own leci.
    I've back ordered 5kw worth of batteries (not available till July) so hopefully the return to grid usage will be absorbed
    Atm Online calculator says around £1100 saving per year. Add in the battery's would add another £600-800 ish saving...

I'll chip in to save you keep talking to yourself Cayton.

Does solar power still work through a nuclear cloud?

been checking them out. by the time you break even you will need new panels.

Then there’s the question as to how “ green” battery and panel production is.

burn wood smoke the neighbours out but cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I'll chip in to save you keep talking to yourself Cayton.

Does solar power still work through a nuclear cloud?
    How much you chipping in? Non of these fake dollar bills

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    been checking them out. by the time you break even you will need new panels.
    Most on MM would be dead before they pay the deposit.
    We burn fossle fuels. Wonder if you could burn a few Old fossles on hear

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Then there’s the question as to how “ green” battery and panel production is.
    I don't give a sht. Fek the next generation

............... if you tell a lie long enough people will believe it...................it's all a con.............

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast