+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Newcase United- v - Leeds United *** Matchday Thread***

Watched the highlights again (while sober ) and we should have had the points in the bag 1st half and probably would have done if Mike Dean had gone to spec-savers.

Newcastle played their part as well especially 2nd half but hugely disappointed with our defending for their goal.

Need a win to kick start the season.

Jansson playing well for Brentford today.

Wish we still had him!

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    I thought the plan was first to survive for 3 seasons.. something many promoted clubs don’t succeed in, yet some on here seem to think we should be too 6
    And you think persisting with Roberts, acquirin more crocks a la Llorente, and replacing real contributors with the likes of Firpo will help us survive? Give your head a wobble (and do the same for Bielsa if you get the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    you do know that a forward in rugby, mainly defends right? No guessed not
    I was referring to the attempted drop goal, a tactic employed by both backs and forwards in rugby, or hadn't you noticed that?

VAR

So far this season.

Away to Manure - Bruno Fernandz - Marginally offside for their 3rd goal - NO VAR review, Shaw handles in his own area - no VAR review - both decisions according to the comentators would have resulted in an offside, and penalty last season - both deiosions in Scums favour.

Home to Everton - Cooper grabs Calvin lewins shirt in a 50/50 tussle - ref misses it, VAR gets him to go to pitchside monitor - Penalty to Everton. Last minute - Bamford flattened in Everton penalty area - no VAR review - no penalty

Away to Burnley - Tarkowski slam dunks Bamford in build up play - no VAR review - just a yellow awarded. Barnes sythes Dallas at knee height in the Leeds area - should be a certain red - no VAR review - yellow given.

Home to Liverpool - Struijk makes a clean tackle on Elliot - Ref doesn't award a free kick or stop play until Klopp intervenes - then Straight red for Stuijk - no VAR review

Away to Newcastle - James flattened in Newcastles penalty area - no penaltyn awarded - Dean only about 4 yards away with a clear view - No VAR review.

Get the picture?

Battered by Scum and Liverpool - unlucky against Everton and Newcastle

could easily be sitting on 7 points instead of 3 with a bit of luck and fairness from the officials

They say it balances out over the season - I don't believe that that maxim applies to Leeds TBH
    Last edited by Tichi1; 18-09-2021 at 02:21 PM.

Agree with above, people say you make your own luck, but this season I fail to see that....yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    VAR

So far this season.

Away to Manure - Bruno Fernandz - Marginally offside for their 3rd goal - NO VAR review, Shaw handles in his own area - no VAR review - both decisions according to the comentators would have resulted in an offside, and penalty last season - both deiosions in Scums favour.

Home to Everton - Cooper grabs Calvin lewins shirt in a 50/50 tussle - ref misses it, VAR gets him to go to pitchside monitor - Penalty to Everton. Last minute - Bamford flattened in Everton penalty area - no VAR review - no penalty

Away to Burnley - Tarkowski slam dunks Bamford in build up play - no VAR review - just a yellow awarded. Barnes sythes Dallas at knee height in the Leeds area - should be a certain red - no VAR review - yellow given.

Home to Liverpool - Struijk makes a clean tackle on Elliot - Ref doesn't award a free kick or stop play until Klopp intervenes - then Straight red for Stuijk - no VAR review

Away to Newcastle - James flattened in Newcastles penalty area - no penaltyn awarded - Dean only about 4 yards away with a clear view - No VAR review.

Get the picture?

could easily be sitting on 7 points instead of 3 with a bit of luck and fairness from the officials

They say it balances out over the season - I don't believe that that maxim applies to Leeds TBH
    Back to my previous comment on this. Whether all the above is correct or an under/overstatement is irrelevant. There is nothing that can be done and getting bent out of shape (as supporter or player (as Cooper was quoted as being)), simply makes a bad situation worse. We (club and fans), can influence only that which happens within LUFC. I suspect that will be Bielsas view also.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    VAR

So far this season.

Get the picture?

Pretty much spot on mate but I would say we shot ourselves in the foot last night (even with missed cert pen) with our poor finishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Pretty much spot on mate but I would say we shot ourselves in the foot last night (even with missed cert pen) with our poor finishing.
    True - if we don’t start converting more of the chances then it will be a long long season

Quote Originally Posted by LUFC76Cor View Post
    On reading this thread I was actually quite shocked to read that anyone was defending Firpo, he was absolutely useless from start to finish , he reminded me of Capaldi or whatever his name was he was that bad, I liked Alioski but wouldn't say I was his biggest fan but christ I wished we still had him tonight
    Also on reading this thread, I see a name from the past, the Leeds fan who actually says he shares the same birthdate as me, is that you Cor lad ?. Haven't seen you on here for years now!!.

(soz this is nowt to do with the Newcy v Leeds match thread lol)

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)