+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Newcase United- v - Leeds United *** Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I was referring to the attempted drop goal, a tactic employed by both backs and forwards in rugby, or hadn't you noticed that?
    Course you were darling, a drop goal is usually created by someone ( in the forward row or scrum half from scrum)most times passing to the guy known for his kicking ability

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Course you were darling, a drop goal is usually created by someone ( in the forward row or scrum half from scrum)most times passing to the guy known for his kicking ability
    Forwards don’t really take drop goals - almost never in Union (unless your name is Zinfandel Brooke) and only the loose forward in league if skilled (in which case they often switch roles with the half backs) and very few of the backs. SH, FH and centres (maybe). WS is right though it is usually only the FH who takes drop goals and then in very limited circumstances unless the team plays 10 man rugby.

A drop goal in league is only worth 1 point so usually only used at the end of the game where scores are tied.

A long way of agreeing with WS.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Forwards don’t really take drop goals - almost never in Union (unless your name is Zinfandel Brooke) and only the loose forward in league if skilled (in which case they often switch roles with the half backs) and very few of the backs. SH, FH and centres (maybe). WS is right though it is usually only the FH who takes drop goals and then in very limited circumstances unless the team plays 10 man rugby.

A drop goal in league is only worth 1 point so usually only used at the end of the game where scores are tied.

A long way of agreeing with WS.
    Yeah well, long or short way I suppose you two backslapping each other is another example of "besties" as Tich touchingly put it.

All the above ignores the fact that instead of scoring, the ball was sent almost (almost!) vertically into the stand (if not a drop goal, maybe an "up and under" as uncle Eddie used to put it). Either way, prize f00k up by someone who should know better (taking lessons from Rodrigo maybe?)

Oh dear the not throwing out insults didn’t last very long did it. You seem to have reverted to type whenever someone points out an error you either pivot to a new argument and/or attack said person whilst conveniently ignoring you may have been wrong.

So Firpo missed a chance - big deal - so did Rapha and Bamford in that game and the ref missed a blatant penalty.

Mane against us missed more of a sitter and he is a goal scorer - he conveyed one from 8 or 9 chances but does that make him a bad player - no.

If you compare the stats of the whole team not just pointing out what you see as the flaws of the new whipping boy - everyone including Rapha is performing less well than last year - but the season is only 5 games in and we have played 4 tough games. Sure they will pick it up again when we find our rhythm

Buy yourself a Cadbury’s Caramel and act like Pam Eyres suggests.

Next 5 games include some very winnable games and sure we will get a bounce from the mid week win at Fulham. If we are still winless after 15 games then that is the time to panic.

Oh dear the not throwing out insults didn’t last very long did it. You seem to have reverted to type whenever someone points out an error you either pivot to a new argument and/or attack said person whilst conveniently ignoring you may have been wrong.

So Firpo missed a chance - big deal - so did Rapha and Bamford in that game and the ref missed a blatant penalty.

Mane against us missed more of a sitter and he is a goal scorer - he conveyed one from 8 or 9 chances but does that make him a bad player - no.

If you compare the stats of the whole team not just pointing out what you see as the flaws of the new whipping boy - everyone including Rapha is performing less well than last year - but the season is only 5 games in and we have played 4 tough games. Sure they will pick it up again when we find our rhythm

Buy yourself a Cadbury’s Caramel and act like Pam Eyres suggests.

Next 5 games include some very winnable games and sure we will get a bounce from the mid week win at Fulham. If we are still winless after 15 games then that is the time to panic.
    So "besties" (coined I would remind you by your good friend Tich), is an insult? Bit like me querying Ozwhites grey matter if he too my guarantee of no U23s featuring for the season?

Thin-skinned springs to mind (oh no, another insult!).

As for the more pertinent comment about poor performance, agree 100%. We're not firing on anywhere near all cylinders, and on the basis that Bamford won't play (or at least start) today, then we might well be depending on Roberts and/or Rodrigo, so no change there.

Be "interesting" to see what Bielsa does with the youngsters.

Not thinned skinned just pointing out another inconsistency - I just don’t get your vitriol and at times inability to resist having a dig at pretty much anyone who disagrees with you.

Anyways back to Football - yes it will be interesting. If Rapha is fit and he plays Rodrigo up top with KP, Klich and Shackleton in midfield I think we could make life hard for West Ham.

We need to find a way to stop putting ourselves under pressure in our own half - would far rather we played possession football in their half or the final third.

If we can find ways of getting either Rapha or James one on one with the fullbacks then we may get more quality chances.

Not thinned skinned just pointing out another inconsistency - I just don’t get your vitriol and at times inability to resist having a dig at pretty much anyone who disagrees with you.

Anyways back to Football - yes it will be interesting. If Rapha is fit and he plays Rodrigo up top with KP, Klich and Shackleton in midfield I think we could make life hard for West Ham.

We need to find a way to stop putting ourselves under pressure in our own half - would far rather we played possession football in their half or the final third.

If we can find ways of getting either Rapha or James one on one with the fullbacks then we may get more quality chances.
    I think its time we started to strengthen the midfield as opposed to playing four defenders, one midfielder and five forwards

Think Klitch and Shackleton with Philips in midfield would give us a better "Backbone" and maybe sacrifice something in attack to strengthen the middle and defece.

If we are always to play one up top please let it be Rodrigo rather than Roberts!

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    I think its time we started to strengthen the midfield as opposed to playing four defenders, one midfielder and five forwards

Think Klitch and Shackleton with Philips in midfield would give us a better "Backbone" and maybe sacrifice something in attack to strengthen the middle and defece.

If we are always to play one up top please let it be Rodrigo rather than Roberts!
    Got my wish yesterday until they brought Roberts on ffs
    BUT WE STILL LOST - mainly down to going gung ho the last ten minutes when players looked knackered - 8 men caught out for their breakaway winner.

Need better game management - when struggling

One game soon please let some of those chances be converted - a two or three goal cushion would be a welcome
    Luxury!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)