+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v Blackburn Rovers match thoughts

Again I didn’t see the game because I’m away.

…… is my prediction looking safe …???
    We won’t win a match until we have at least one target striker back in the team.

Thought that was a good evenly matched game. enjoyed it . And for once a good referee and Lines. We need a bit of luck… couple of our headers and shots could have crept in. MOM Moon played very well.
    We need to press forward quicker, and get in the box quicker. And then shoot. Too many side passes when a shot could be taken.
    We looked steady, More clinical approach please in front of goal please .

Very quiet on here ?

Me darn sarf in Eastbourne, stats looks like we bossed the game but no goal for our endeavours.

Would be good to have comments from someone who saw the game and what appears to be some interesting substitutions made.

Agree Jules, the best ref for some time he could very easily booked Woodrow.
    I thought Halme had a decent game but we’re so missing Mads and Morris.

20th-v-19th next Setdi.

A point above divisional retention.

Time forra win.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    Agree Jules, the best ref for some time he could very easily booked Woodrow.
    I thought Halme had a decent game but we’re so missing Mads and Morris.
    Looking at the BBC Stats we dominated.
    60 % possession.
    13 shots - while they only had 3.
    It looks like we prevented them getting close - but same old story - we didn’t score.
    We need Obbi ……. ASAP !!!

I'll try and park the emotions and look to what Schopp is trying to do with this group .

To be honest I ain't a clue but to be fair his players put a shift in for him and looked a lot more solid at the back .

Clarke Oduor did the difficult bit and went past two Rovers defenders as though they weren't there but couldn't finish in the first half .

Victor just failed to connect from a header across the face of the goals from Woodrow with the goal open in the second .

Other than that it was pretty much huff n puff with very little real quality on show .

Rovers had a chance to win it near the end but Collins saved well after they broke quickly from our corner .

Fair enough result and a game you won't remember too much about in a week or two .

Can someone explain to me why our best striker and scorer of over 50 goals for this club is now on the corners ?

Perhaps you'll realise why I'm not exactly warming to Schopp .

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Looking at the BBC Stats we dominated.
    60 % possession.
    13 shots - while they only had 3.
    It looks like we prevented them getting close - but same old story - we didn’t score.
    We need Obbi ……. ASAP !!!
    Yes it sounded like a better performance and we were comfortable, without having a cutting edge ?.
    Ok that might work out eventually, but its starting to look like we will draw way too many games this season and that is going to be very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Can someone explain to me why our best striker and scorer of over 50 goals for this club is now on the corners ?

Perhaps you'll realise why I'm not exactly warming to Schopp .
    Good question..... for HC Schopp to answer.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast