+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Barnsley v Blackburn Rovers match thoughts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I'd have thought Forest, Peterborough and Reading would be the teams opponents would be licking their lips at facing.

We have 2 defeats in 7 and conceded 9 goals.

Forest lost 6 arta 7.

Reading conceded 17 goals with 4 defeats arta 7.

Posh ev conceded 17 wi 5 defeats arta 7.

We've had 7 fixtures so far. 6 of those 7 opponents currently occupy places in the top 10 of the championship table. 4 of those fixtures away as well with just the solitary defeat on our travels. We've had key players art for various reasons as well to boot. Quite creditable really.

We face 8th placed Blackburn tomorrow. Ad tekka point.
    I sincerely hope tomorrow Pass I see a group of players fully behind the HC and they give me a performance that offers something I can get behind .

I was massively impressed for an hour at QPR .

An hour out of 7 games isn't quite what I had in mind before the season started and that's from someone as you know who doesn't expect anything like a repeat of last season .

Certain standards have to be maintained none the less .

Comparisons with the bottom end of this league isn't where my bar is set with all due respect .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I sincerely hope tomorrow Pass I see a group of players fully behind the HC and they give me a performance that offers something I can get behind .

I was massively impressed for an hour at QPR .

An hour out of 7 games isn't quite what I had in mind before the season started and that's from someone as you know who doesn't expect anything like a repeat of last season .

Certain standards have to be maintained none the less .

Comparisons with the bottom end of this league isn't where my bar is set with all due respect .
    Mine neither. Am just pointing art that we're not the proposition to opponents that you are suggesting.

I think we'll be mid table. Like you, I have realistic expectations and certain standards should indeed be maintained. I noticed a lack of intensity at times this season which is a cause for concern. A bit of half hearted running at times. However, adapting back to the 3 subs rule this season has clearly had an impact on how much you can actually press opponents compared to last season when Ismael could run our front 3 into the ground for 60 mins then replace them with another 3 sets of fresh legs up top.

We saw at QPR how pressing them intensely for an hour killed our energy levels in the last 20 mins when our options from the bench didn't exactly come on and do themselves justice, notably Devante Cole.

I don't know if you watched Leeds at Newcastle tonight but they (Leeds)started like a train but faded as the second half progressed. High intensity football is difficult to maintain for 90mins. I've noticed with us that we have periods in games where we are on top. We had the first 15 mins at Stoke and most of the second half at the bet365 on Wednesday night where we looked in control and a threat. We have to learn to capitalise on these periods of play rather than the important final pass going astray.