+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v Blackburn Rovers match thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBarnsley View Post
    Few thoughts from today's match - overall happy and think we deserved 1-2 goals.

1.) Oduor's exciting potential was on display today. All over the pitch and demonstrated some very clean touches.

2.) Love Woody on corners (controversial take, I know).

3.) Jasper was a deserving MOTM. With Jasper, Kitching, Mads, and Helik, does anyone have a better core of CB's? Hard to argue.

4.) Appo Halme annoyed me greatly today. Some horrible balls, rushed attitude, and out of position a few times leading to chances. Should be on the bench with Kitching back now.

5.) Hopefully ALI gets more involved with increased fitness. He showed brief flashes of his playmaking ability today and I'm excited to see more of him.

Let's get healthy and fit quickly please! Need wins as we face some bottom table teams coming up!
    Did you fall,asleep for the 6 cross field balls he put in, picking men out at 30 yards to the feet? Perhaps still in the Mount?

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Did you fall,asleep for the 6 cross field balls he put in, picking men out at 30 yards to the feet? Perhaps still in the Mount?
    Do you mean re: Appo? Need to see the numbers a bit deeper but am not pleased with his defense coverage

I like/rate Appo Halme and I wish we could find some important regular role for him, rather than the bit part player we've used him as for a few seasons now.
    For me hes a centre back rather than a midfield holding player, but that is near impossible to sort out isn't it in a 3 at the back fromation, when Helick is the main one.

What's missing at the moment is the intensity under Schopp .

I understand the intensity under Val was on acid because of the five subs so I'm not expecting that by any means but more where Stendel had us .

That's why this high press , energy and attacking style of football was chosen by the club and HC's were hired to implement it .

We've shown signs of it at QPR and going forward in the second half at Stoke but not at Oakwell yet which is a disappointment to me to say the least .

Yesterday I thought we were far too slow in our build up play and had absolutely no penetration what so ever , Rovers were happy enough to let us have the ball with plenty of men behind it .

They missed a trick actually , if they'd shown a bit more attacking ambition they may have had 3 points because I never got the feeling we were going to score anytime soon .

There's definitely more questions than answers with Schopp .

What he's trying to do remains a mystery to me , a bit of this , a bit of that and it seems to be made up as it goes along , the subs coming on at halftime are a sure sign of not getting his starting line up right to begin with ....... that's two games running by the way .

All this talk of getting players back and we will be fine is interesting .

The fact is only Andersen and Morris are missing that you could class as key players .

The new lads especially the Belgium's are uncharted territory and could bomb spectacularly .

Gomes and Vita aren't our players and will have to have a duty of care surrounding them with games coming thick and fast .

Benson shows promise I'll accept but this is his first season hopefully playing regularly and he's very young , they'll be bumps along the way for sure .

Throw in the fact that Schopp doesn't know his ass from his elbow right now and it looks a worrying picture when you dig down in to the weeds .

Just staying up I would snatch your hand off for right now .

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBarnsley View Post
    Do you mean re: Appo? Need to see the numbers a bit deeper but am not pleased with his defense coverage
    You are Paul Conway and I claim my £100 prize.

Firstly I’ve been saying for ages a striker shouldn’t be taking corners but Woodrow started this under Val and as much as I think Schloppy is a clown we can’t blame him for this!
    I said to my mate pre game if he hasn’t learned from the Stoke on Wednesday then he will prove he’s an idiot! And he left Sibbick in the same role, which in turn left the massive gap behind him? So he took him off at half time!
    The mans a chancer, we do have injuries and a suspension but he could have sorted this by changing his tactics and formation before the game rather than thinking “oh we can give it another go and change it at half time”
    Collins saved us again with 3 cracking saves and we have 2 points from the last 2 games because of him.
    Odour danced through their defence like a tippy toed ballerina then shot at the keeper when all he needed to do was dink it over him?
    Woodrow is seriously peeing me off now not just with the corners but also the free kicks? Yeah he scored a blinder against Stoke but he hits one of those every 2 years!
    You could see Styles saying this is just right for me and him pulling the “I’m the Captain” card before hitting the wall twice!
    The only thing I envied Rovers about was Ayala? His experience and know how got them a point today and he chips in with his fair share of goals just what we could do with.

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Firstly I’ve been saying for ages a striker shouldn’t be taking corners but Woodrow started this under Val and as much as I think Schloppy is a clown we can’t blame him for this!
    I said to my mate pre game if he hasn’t learned from the Stoke on Wednesday then he will prove he’s an idiot! And he left Sibbick in the same role, which in turn left the massive gap behind him? So he took him off at half time!
    The mans a chancer, we do have injuries and a suspension but he could have sorted this by changing his tactics and formation before the game rather than thinking “oh we can give it another go and change it at half time”
    Collins saved us again with 3 cracking saves and we have 2 points from the last 2 games because of him.
    Odour danced through their defence like a tippy toed ballerina then shot at the keeper when all he needed to do was dink it over him?
    Woodrow is seriously peeing me off now not just with the corners but also the free kicks? Yeah he scored a blinder against Stoke but he hits one of those every 2 years!
    You could see Styles saying this is just right for me and him pulling the “I’m the Captain” card before hitting the wall twice!
    The only thing I envied Rovers about was Ayala? His experience and know how got them a point today and he chips in with his fair share of goals just what we could do with.
    I couldn't believe it either Perky when he had Britain in central midfield and Sibbick at right wing back in the first half .

As you say he learnt nowt from Wednesday night .

Moon and Halme did alright but they weren't really tested either with Rovers showing limited ambition .

The 3-4-3 is clearly baffling him , he's shoe horning the players in to remain with the formation when he perhaps should be looking at changing our shape with what he's got to work with .

There's little sign of creative thinking outside of the box with Marcus .

A very reserved character with unexciting football for the most part thus far .

His football complimented the scoreboard yesterday .

Nothing to see here .

You could see we were better when he took off Sibbick and reverted Brittain back into that position, Brittain is clearly not happy in Midfield, I know he’s just covering till Benson comes back, but as you say animal change the system it’s a no brainer!
    Palmer must have been injured yesterday so play Hondermark in the middle and replace Halme with Sibbick and put Brittain in his normal position if you want to stick with 343.
    Clueless!

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    80's p orn star---- Luvvit

Rex Schopp
    iffav earrd reyt ? " amma bit mutton mind" Wi renaming grarnd " P orn Schopp Arena " Ann Summer's will automatically be given a role in players rehabilitation , it cud bi a stiff job she replied ! But nothing she can't handle ! Mr Schopp needs help , he doesn't appear to have any balls ?!! He his a nice man ? But far away from being anything like ,the likes of Roberto Mancini , he is is a scruffy looking being who looks out of place in England !! We will do our best to bring Markus up to speed as soon as Possible ,,
    Stay patient Anne xx

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    iffav earrd reyt ? " amma bit mutton mind" Wi renaming grarnd " P orn Schopp Arena " Ann Summer's will automatically be given a role in players rehabilitation , it cud bi a stiff job she replied ! But nothing she can't handle ! Mr Schopp needs help , he doesn't appear to have any balls ?!! He his a nice man ? But far away from being anything like ,the likes of Roberto Mancini , he is is a scruffy looking being who looks out of place in England !! We will do our best to bring Markus up to speed as soon as Possible ,,
    Stay patient Anne xx
    Numans are entering into a sponsorship agreement with Conway.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast