+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ideal starting XI ?

I watched Strubers team beat Phil Nevilles Miami 0-4 last night.

At 0-2 Miami had a player sent off.

Our old friend Brek Shea was playing for Miami. What a waste of snap he was and is. I cannot see anything in his play to warrant him being a pro footballer.

No comparison Shea v Dike.

Does Shea's head still look like an alpaca ?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Does Shea's head still look like an alpaca ?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBarnsley View Post
    Oh man, Bulldogs is a STRONG possibility for a name. Fits the bill of Barnsley but is just simple enough for people to not be up in arms about it LOL. USA sports team names are a VERY serious matter for newly created teams. Weird, I know
    I really don't like that to be honest, the pointless need for a second team name. I like Dallas in the NFL and I try to stop calling them by their 2nd name.
    Although I did used to like it when Jimmy Johnson often said on their way to 3 Superbowl wins in 4 years... " how 'bout them Cowboys!".

I just thought if we had to have a 2nd name, Bulldogs sounds better than Town or Rovers or Athletic lol.

Or midweek😜

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Or midweek��
    Yep, Barnsley Thursday Morning FC sounds like a good one Ethel.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Nice one MoneyB, good to have you on board - enjoy the ride, fasten your seat belt !
    Thank you BC! excited for the roller coaster of emotion that is Barnsley football

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    What did you think of Daryl Dike MB ?
    Dike is awesome!!! Might get some minutes for team USA which is really exciting - hoping Obbi can be a similar figure for us this year

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I really don't like that to be honest, the pointless need for a second team name. I like Dallas in the NFL and I try to stop calling them by their 2nd name.
    Although I did used to like it when Jimmy Johnson often said on their way to 3 Superbowl wins in 4 years... " how 'bout them Cowboys!".

I just thought if we had to have a 2nd name, Bulldogs sounds better than Town or Rovers or Athletic lol.
    Hahahaha!! It's weird, that's one of the biggest differences I've noticed between American sports and UK/Europe sports. America places a pretty strong emphasis on having a good 2nd name and it's referenced EVERYWHERE. Compared to the UK/Europe, where it's much more of an afterthought. Very interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBarnsley View Post
    Hahahaha!! It's weird, that's one of the biggest differences I've noticed between American sports and UK/Europe sports. America places a pretty strong emphasis on having a good 2nd name and it's referenced EVERYWHERE. Compared to the UK/Europe, where it's much more of an afterthought. Very interesting!
    Do you know what lad, Im tempted to start a new thread on this because I also do find it interesting.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast