+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideal starting XI ?

Ideal starting XI ?

Hi there,

New to the forum and a new but passionate Barnsley fan from America. Thinking about this team a month from now gets me so excited - could this starting XI make a strong run at the playoff? What would you change?

Brad

Vita
    Andersen
    Helik
    Brittain

Styles
    Gomes
    Benson

ALI
    Woody
    Morris

Immediately, our bench becomes very strong with the likes of Kitching, Sibbick, Palmer, Freiser, Obbi, etc as well.

Is this squad promotable? Does Obbi crack the starting XI? Where does Woody fit into our long term plans now that we have a bevy of strikers?

Unsure for these questions, but excitement remains for the future of this team. Let's hold steady for the next few weeks until we're fully healthy/fully fit, then I could see this team being A LOT of fun to watch. Cmon you Reds!!!!

Welcome to the board and congratulations on a suitable user name that fits the American influence at this club .

Are you originally from Barnsley ?

Hey up USA kid lol, how do you reckon we Barnsley would do in the NFL, as the Barnsley Bulldogs maybe ?.

I am looking forward to Anderson and Helik especially getting that central partnership going again, we really have missed it. And we have missed Solly as well, no offense to Sibbick but we have.

The jury has to remain out for ages still with regards to these Belgian club players, they might take ages to get up to speed, and that is time that Marcus doesn't have admittedly.

Its a case of fingers crossed at the moment.

Surplus of strikers where do you get that one

Go Barnsley!!

I too am looking forward to us regaining a full strength side to see what we can do. I'll have to cast my eye over the new signings a wee bit more before I can decide on an ideal starting XI

Welcome to the board sir.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Welcome to the board and congratulations on a suitable user name that fits the American influence at this club .

Are you originally from Barnsley ?
    Thanks!! I've lived in the states my whole life but love me some Billy Beane haha, so I had to follow the squad ever since he invested

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey up USA kid lol, how do you reckon we Barnsley would do in the NFL, as the Barnsley Bulldogs maybe ?.

I am looking forward to Anderson and Helik especially getting that central partnership going again, we really have missed it. And we have missed Solly as well, no offense to Sibbick but we have.

The jury has to remain out for ages still with regards to these Belgian club players, they might take ages to get up to speed, and that is time that Marcus doesn't have admittedly.

Its a case of fingers crossed at the moment.
    Oh man, Bulldogs is a STRONG possibility for a name. Fits the bill of Barnsley but is just simple enough for people to not be up in arms about it LOL. USA sports team names are a VERY serious matter for newly created teams. Weird, I know
    Last edited by MoneyBarnsley; 18-09-2021 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Go Barnsley!!

I too am looking forward to us regaining a full strength side to see what we can do. I'll have to cast my eye over the new signings a wee bit more before I can decide on an ideal starting XI

Welcome to the board sir.
    Thank you good sir, cmon you Reds!!

Nice one MoneyB, good to have you on board - enjoy the ride, fasten your seat belt !

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBarnsley View Post
    Thanks!! I've lived in the states my whole life but love me some Billy Beane haha, so I had to follow the squad ever since he invested
    What did you think of Daryl Dike MB ?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast