+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Admin looming

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Mm but then being positive is their job if they hope to be able to sell the club as going concern!
    Just a feeling I got having been 'around' administrators before, I guess you have too one way or another. I've been around administrations where they've spent a day or so mooching round then locked up and thrown away the key

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    I know we didn't go into admin because of a few million owed here and there from other clubs, in the grand scheme of things it wouldn't have made any difference but what I'm saying is now that we're in admin will the administrators look to call in any debts from other clubs to help dcfc pay its own creditors, if those other clubs are struggling themselves and are late in payments to us then while I sympathise its not really our problem - we have our own like admin, if those clubs can't pay us or are late in paying then surely the EFL should go after them too, after all they're going to dock us 3 points for late payments

Reminds me of Boycie suddenly finding 3 grand down the sofa when the Drisscoll brother came knocking at Del Boys door
    Have we repeated the "offence"? If not, those points won't be deducted unless we do default again. I saw speculation in the Daily Fail and The Sun which was later regurgitated by the usual lame online suspects that " the 3 points would be deducted if we didn't pay BY September".

Was that the August wages or have they been paid? Will the September wages be paid? Pure speculation on the part of those rags. I took the "3 months money" part of the Admin blurb to mean alloutgoings, including wages, are covered for 3 months and that bums on seats etc would help us after that.

We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Just a feeling I got having been 'around' administrators before, I guess you have too one way or another. I've been around administrations where they've spent a day or so mooching round then locked up and thrown away the key
    Ah well if its a basket case then no amount of polishing is going to produce a saleable asset! Whereas Derby as a club is an attractive proposition and now of course one that can be acquired for a lot less than Mel was trying to get.

In terms of the basics, a decent ground, good fan base, good training ground and history it got a lot going for it.

I guess the big question is the debt liabilities, but then say for arguments sake you take on £40 million debt and pay £5 million for the club, that a lot less than the £80 million Mel was supposedly asking for the club.

We shall see but I would not be surprised to see a fairly quick sale.

What I meant was if the EFL have and are threatening us with a 3 points deduction for late wages payments then surely they should be going after other clubs that are late in paying us, remember we were hauled over the coals for late payment in Keoughs compensation, Coco's payment. I know all businesses owe other businesses money but eventually payments need to be made after 30/60 or 90 day terms, if we have outstanding transfer fees owed to us then surely the EFL should go after those as well, its not sour grapes, I know any monies owed to us wouldn't have made a difference but every little helps and of course if they applied sanctions to other clubs it would help our cause too

or am I talking out my ahrse

Ah well if its a basket case then no amount of polishing is going to produce a saleable asset! Whereas Derby as a club is an attractive proposition and now of course one that can be acquired for a lot less than Mel was trying to get.

In terms of the basics, a decent ground, good fan base, good training ground and history it got a lot going for it.

I guess the big question is the debt liabilities, but then say for arguments sake you take on £40 million debt and pay £5 million for the club, that a lot less than the £80 million Mel was supposedly asking for the club.

We shall see but I would not be surprised to see a fairly quick sale.
    You say that Swale, and I’d love it to be as you suggest...but where do we stand with this better than ‘decent’ ground and ‘good’ training base? Superficially we’ve got great facilities compared with any Championship or lower half Premiership club...or have we?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    You say that Swale, and I’d love it to be as you suggest...but where do we stand with this better than ‘decent’ ground and ‘good’ training base? Superficially we’ve got great facilities compared with any Championship or lower half Premiership club...or have we?
    Not sure why you question whether we have a ground and training facilities, they exist and are a lot better than many comparable clubs, unless your querying ownership?

A reasonably successful derby can pull in a capacity crowd of 32K every home game, how many championship or prem clubs can do that?

Middlesbrough, Cardiff, Sheffield United, Coventry, Blackburn at a squeeze, plus Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday from League 1? The potential is there for sure but it requires on field success. yes we could get 32k as a promotion hunting team towards the top of Championship, but where did that get us?

Not sure why you question whether we have a ground and training facilities, they exist and are a lot better than many comparable clubs, unless your querying ownership?

A reasonably successful derby can pull in a capacity crowd of 32K every home game, how many championship or prem clubs can do that?
    I agree about the crowd potential, a successful Derby in League 1 would easily pull in an average of 25k plus imo, and about the standard of our ground and training facilities. I’m just concerned about the question of ownership.

I have a question.

MM wants £80M

He owns the team/name/training etc thats now in administration hands.

He also, through a private company, owns the stadium?
    Does this asking price contain the stadium, which he valued at £80M?
    If not, how much the administrators really recoup of the debt etc?

Even if it does, how much does that leave him out of pocket, with the sale of the job lot?

Don't worry your pretty little red head over it, he'll still be able to afford a cheese bap and pint of pedigree.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)