+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Admin looming

Perhaps a half, and no pickle with the cheese bap

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I have a question.

MM wants £80M

He owns the team/name/training etc thats now in administration hands.

He also, through a private company, owns the stadium?
    Does this asking price contain the stadium, which he valued at £80M?
    If not, how much the administrators really recoup of the debt etc?

Even if it does, how much does that leave him out of pocket, with the sale of the job lot?
    I guess it depends upon how the companies were structured? If they are all interconnected and the sale was from one entity to another then they would be in the hands of the administrators. If the sale of the ground is to an entirely separate company then as has happened at a number of clubs the grounds remains leased unless whoever owns the club agrees to buy it back.

I've read reports which suggest there is a substantial debt owed to Mel Morris, which he is likely to waive, no doubt it will become clearer over the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Middlesbrough, Cardiff, Sheffield United, Coventry, Blackburn at a squeeze, plus Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday from League 1? The potential is there for sure but it requires on field success. yes we could get 32k as a promotion hunting team towards the top of Championship, but where did that get us?
    My point is that there is a revenue stream, we still got 25K when Clough jnr as boring us to death in mid table for a couple of years. Obviously a successful team needs to be assembled, but its a better prospect than say a Wigan which struggled to fill their ground even when in the prem.

MDS have a lot to say on the ground question. It's in hock to them for £20M or maybe more. I have been told that, if Mel (or whoever is responsible now we're in admin) doesn't pay up then Dell gets the ground by default.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    MDS have a lot to say on the ground question. It's in hock to them for £20M or maybe more. I have been told that, if Mel (or whoever is responsible now we're in admin) doesn't pay up then Dell gets the ground by default.
    It would be a very foolish businessman that ever wrote such a contract, more likely they have a thing called a ‘lien’ which gives them ‘possession’ /control until the debt is paid.

Reading more about Derby's debts, I am staggered that we seem to owe circa £26 million to HMRC, how the **** did it get to that stage?

It really seems that Mel has completely ****ed up in his desperate attempts to get promotion, I just hope he hasn't ****ed the club fatally, because there is a new rule now in force which says that HMRC should be paid in full.

Its a mess and we could see liquidation unless HMRC agree some reduction in the debt owed to them.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Reading more about Derby's debts, I am staggered that we seem to owe circa £26 million to HMRC, how the **** did it get to that stage?

It really seems that Mel has completely ****ed up in his desperate attempts to get promotion, I just hope he hasn't ****ed the club fatally, because there is a new rule now in force which says that HMRC should be paid in full.

Its a mess and we could see liquidation unless HMRC agree some reduction in the debt owed to them.
    Not just a rule Swale, it's Law.

Two ways of looking at it.

One, they accept a lower amount. That way they get something rather than nothing.

Two, they must be right royally pi55ed off at having club after club sticking it to them and having to accept a % of the debt. Sooner or later they will demand their full pound of flesh and the club involved will cease to exist and that will be a warning to all other clubs to make sure they pay HMRC on time and in full. I just hope they don't choose DCFC as the vehicle they make an example of.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post

Which adds an interesting angle to the "profit on sale of Pride Park" at a high value on an arms length basis. Capital Gains tax at 19% on, say, 50 million book profit would be maybe £ 10 million. If its a pure capital gain DCFC most unlikely to be able to roll forward trading losses against it.

Add VAT, including 12 month covid deferral of payment, and PAYE EENI and ERNIIE perhaps 6+ months in arrears and you're getting there.

Buts its the CGT on the ground sale aspect that hasnt been picked up on anywhere that I have seen - after all you cannot make a huge chunk of profit for P&s / FFP reasons this way and not and up with a tax bill, can you?

What I don't understand is, how it all got this far?
    We had winding up petitions thrown at us like confetti?
    Did firms/hmrc try this?
    Or were the books cooked so good, it was hidden?

https://www.accountancydaily.co/nott...ng-order-touch

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    What I don't understand is, how it all got this far?
    We had winding up petitions thrown at us like confetti?
    Did firms/hmrc try this?
    Or were the books cooked so good, it was hidden?

https://www.accountancydaily.co/nott...ng-order-touch
    My take on that is that Forest's management knew how to play a dangerous game and Derby's didn't

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)