+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Admin looming

So with the PL confirming the Newcastle takeover does that pave the way for Mike Ashley to come and spend his 300 million he's just pocketed, I mean if he wants the ground as well he'll probably need a bit more like

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    So with the PL confirming the Newcastle takeover does that pave the way for Mike Ashley to come and spend his 300 million he's just pocketed, I mean if he wants the ground as well he'll probably need a bit more like
    My view on the huge success Ashley has had at the Toon is that I don't want him anywhere near our club.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    My view on the huge success Ashley has had at the Toon is that I don't want him anywhere near our club.
    I know what you mean MA, and prior to the last few months I’d always have thought ‘Mel Morris, one of the good guys...Mike Ashley, nasty *******’.
    I still have considerable doubts about Ashley but we have to face facts...he’s been a great deal better for NUFC than Morris appears to have been for DCFC...and he does have Derbyshire based interests.

One interested party named, Carlisle Capital run by the Binnie family!
    It's clear though that our dire financial situation will make a deal very difficult!
    Up to five interested parties so I suppose, however difficult, we must remain positive!
    Thanks Mel😠

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I know what you mean MA, and prior to the last few months I’d always have thought ‘Mel Morris, one of the good guys...Mike Ashley, nasty *******’.
    I still have considerable doubts about Ashley but we have to face facts...he’s been a great deal better for NUFC than Morris appears to have been for DCFC...and he does have Derbyshire based interests.
    In as much as he left them solvent and a made a fat profit from them yes! For the fans its been 14 years of sheer frustration. So wouldn't want him anywhere near Derby. But then beggars can't be choosers I guess and IF (its not likely why would he buy into a debt ridden club?)) he does get involved and saves the Rams from liquidation then there would be few complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Which adds an interesting angle to the "profit on sale of Pride Park" at a high value on an arms length basis. Capital Gains tax at 19% on, say, 50 million book profit would be maybe £ 10 million. If its a pure capital gain DCFC most unlikely to be able to roll forward trading losses against it.

Add VAT, including 12 month covid deferral of payment, and PAYE EENI and ERNIIE perhaps 6+ months in arrears and you're getting there.

Buts its the CGT on the ground sale aspect that hasnt been picked up on anywhere that I have seen - after all you cannot make a huge chunk of profit for P&s / FFP reasons this way and not and up with a tax bill, can you?
    True, but then surely you pay the taxman or he requests his pound of flesh - very odd and an utter shambles!

Don't forget those accounts were not finalised for a long time (not even sure they are now!) And so the tax returns wouldn't have either.

The ground sale looks to have been "non cash" so we wouldn't necessarily have any cash to pay the CGT.

Plus HMRC have traditionally been a bit of a soft touch for "cheap credit" especially in the past 18 months of COVID.

That's my guess anyway, and no more than that

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    In as much as he left them solvent and a made a fat profit from them yes! For the fans its been 14 years of sheer frustration. So wouldn't want him anywhere near Derby. But then beggars can't be choosers I guess and IF (its not likely why would he buy into a debt ridden club?)) he does get involved and saves the Rams from liquidation then there would be few complaints.
    I suspect I share your opinion of Ashley, Swale...but, other than a couple of promotions, I think Newcastle may have won one trophy (an obscure European one if memory serves) in the time that most on here have been interested in football. Certainly Derby have won more over those fifty plus years but over the last twenty five years I suspect NUFC fans have had more to shout about than those of DCFC. As you so rightly say...‘beggars can’t be choosers’...and that is exactly what we’ve become.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)