+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Derby County call in administrators

No sympathy from me either. Well overdue. I've a mate that supports them and even he thinks they're a joke. Colleen will be up late ironing Wayne's kit tonight.

It disgusts me when any club spends beyond their means these days, especially when there is supposed to be a FFP rule.
    We've seriously and maybe even naively stuck by this rule of course and its cost us with relegation in the past, when other clubs like Brighton for example go millions into debt to win promotion to the Prem. And when that happens, the debt gets wiped out immediately and the rest of us have to keep sticking to our own budgets.
    Last edited by Acido; 17-09-2021 at 09:22 PM.

It's sad that the amount of money involved at the top end of football has led to this kind of stupidity and greed from owners of clubs gambling for a piece of the action. Villa were pushing the boundaries the season they went up. Fulham too. Had these clubs failed to gain promotion when they did then I've no doubt that they would've either entered administration or been punished for breaking ffp.

Just think of Fulham and Wigan for example Pass, in the early 90s they were nobodies in the old Fourth Division. Then hey ho, a mega rich owner pumps billions into them and they get into the Prem and then eventually it falls apart.
    A lot like tomorrows opponents Blackburn as well of course, who obviously 'bought' the Prem title in 1995 (although yes I was pleased to see them steal it from ManUre lol). They were a very similar team to us in the 80s though when it came to crowds and the league table.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    It's sad that the amount of money involved at the top end of football has led to this kind of stupidity and greed from owners of clubs gambling for a piece of the action. Villa were pushing the boundaries the season they went up. Fulham too. Had these clubs failed to gain promotion when they did then I've no doubt that they would've either entered administration or been punished for breaking ffp.
    …….It's sad that the amount of money involved at the top end of football has led to this kind of stupidity and greed from owners of clubs gambling for a piece of the action.

Yes it is sad.
    Some may say it’s no fault of the fans - but in many instances it is - as it’s pressure from fans that pushes owners into spending.
    Sheffield Wednesday is a prime example.
    Many of their fans believe they have the God given right to be in the Premier because as they say “they are so massive”.

I do agree that these clubs get what they deserve - because such clubs have often lorded it over us at Barnsley.
    Every time we have had a decent player there’s always been rumours and comments that these types of clubs are in for him.

I also think if Leeds go down and if Sheffield United don’t go up then there’s very likely to be big problems at both these clubs.
    Fingers crossed.

Finally.

Just a matter of time.

Can't even see any Derby fan being surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    “We won’t be playing you again “
    Ecstatic that they will finally get the punishment they deserve….. stayed over in Derby the night we were relegated and MOST were good folk…. Not all though….
    If you cheat… you should get punished says Mr Conway. And I think even Mr SB will agree.
    Of course Derby should be punished Jules.

If Mr Conway says anything I always praise every word.

Cheating by football clubs who overspend to get promotion has got to be stopped,it is not fair on the clubs that stay within the rules so as far as I am concerned the only way to treat the clubs who cheat is to throw them out of all football leagues and stop any re-entry into The Football League or Premier League.Also all promoted clubs should have their accounts checked before they are allowed to start the new season in a higher league and if found to have overspent they should be thrown out of the leagues.If they know what the penalties will be for cheating should put a stop to it.I know this will not happen because the big money men who now control football will get together and make sure it doesn’t.As far as they are concerned the clubs like Bury and York City don’t count,the rich get richer by cheating and the clubs that stay within the rules can go to the wall.

What really grates with stuff like this is when you get ‘clubs like this deserve better’ etc and it shouldn’t happen and feel for the fans blah blah bo!!ocks

Ill tell you who I feel sorry for . All the small businesses who have, in good faith , provided products and services and will end up with 1p in the £ for what they’re owed in what has been a challenging 18 months for small business owners. Yet people will simply lament about the downfall of the club on a footballing side. It is immoral and the only way of punishing this is to demote into the non-league scene next season and make an example of someone

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    What really grates with stuff like this is when you get ‘clubs like this deserve better’ etc and it shouldn’t happen and feel for the fans blah blah bo!!ocks

Ill tell you who I feel sorry for . All the small businesses who have, in good faith , provided products and services and will end up with 1p in the £ for what they’re owed in what has been a challenging 18 months for small business owners. Yet people will simply lament about the downfall of the club on a footballing side. It is immoral and the only way of punishing this is to demote into the non-league scene next season and make an example of someone

Well said Renno 👏

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast