+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Derby County call in administrators

Is it official yet, have they sorted out the points deduction or are they/Derby desperately trying to squirm their way out of it still.
    Its disgraceful that any club should be able to discuss their possible punishment, that should not be open to discussion at all, regardless of who the club are or who they think they are!.
    What about Wycombe as well who effectively went down because of Derby staying up, what if anything can they do now in this position ?.

It should have been done last season. Wycombe deserved to be protected by theFA but they ignored the problem. Now Wycombe ply their trade indiv 3 when in reality they deserved another crack at div 2 but the FA protected a bigger club.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Is it official yet, have they sorted out the points deduction or are they/Derby desperately trying to squirm their way out of it still.
    Its disgraceful that any club should be able to discuss their possible punishment, that should not be open to discussion at all, regardless of who the club are or who they think they are!.
    What about Wycombe as well who effectively went down because of Derby staying up, what if anything can they do now in this position ?.
    I think it's tomorrow when the administrator arrives at Pride Park .

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    It should have been done last season. Wycombe deserved to be protected by theFA but they ignored the problem. Now Wycombe ply their trade indiv 3 when in reality they deserved another crack at div 2 but the FA protected a bigger club.
    There should be no favouritism here depending on who the club are, but its clear Wycombe got the wrong end of the stick. Yes they finished in the drop zone and were relegated fair enough. But as we've been hearing since then Derby should have had their punishment then, like Wigan did in the case where we stayed up.

There should be no favouritism here depending on who the club are, but its clear Wycombe got the wrong end of the stick. Yes they finished in the drop zone and were relegated fair enough. But as we've been hearing since then Derby should have had their punishment then, like Wigan did in the case where we stayed up.
    As far as I am concerned Derby County knew they we’re braking the laws by cheating and should be thrown out of all the football leagues.There should be no discrimination between the size of the clubs,all should be treated the same.But I expect the powers that be will band together and I will not be surprised to see Derby get off light.

You can go back throughout history to see the FA protecting the bigger clubs, it happened to us after the war when they voted Arsenal into the first division over us even though we finished 2nd in the league before WW2 broke out!
    If proper Justice was to be served they should swap Derby and Wycombe immediately and play each others fixtures and give Derby a points deduction in League One!
    Having said this I feel sorry for the fans, it’s not their fault that Morris has run their club into the ground financially but ultimately they will have to pay to watch them struggle to claw back the points, but real people behind the scenes will lose their jobs and their livelihoods, the cant33n staff etc who have to pay mortgages or rent, have a car on HP and have kids that need feeding my heart goes out to them.
    Don’t understand why TE3N gets starred out either?

On Footymad "tee n" is linked to "tee n por n" so it gets blocked.

But that’s the problem isn’t it ???
    Clubs are dealt with differently.
    There’s favouritism - because other clubs want Derby to remain in the Championship - presumably because they bring 1000s to away fixtures.
    But while this favouritism continues - it pushes other clubs down below the water line.
    Clubs such as Wycombe, Wigan and Barnsley are left to drown.
    And Paul Conway continues to mention the favouritism within the league.

I remember a few years ago when they brought thousands of fans to Barnsley - many of them in the town centre.
    We were near the bottom of the league and they were on the brink of promotion to the Premier.
    At the time I looked at their starting line up and remember thinking - if we could afford a few of these players we wouldn’t be in the position we are in now.
    If I was thinking that - I’m sure Patrick was thinking the same.
    Hence - change of strategy at Barnsley.

News Now saying Wycombe are considering legal action.
    Fingers crossed they proceed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123