+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thought for Roma

Good Morning all , and thank you for your thoughts,
    After a long stressful build up to my Operation on the 17th September , im Sad to say my Operation was cancelled at the very last minute , I was practically all ready ( labelled up , gown etc , spoke to the Surgeon and his team , signed the consent forms ) then was told it was not going to happen , No Beds, shortage of nurse's , and many apparently walking into A & E with Covid symptons ? , I feel absolutely gutted after a long agonising build up to the day , I will keep on being positive though, I should be hearing about another Op date soon ?? Keeping the Faith , make sure you all stay safe and well ♥ , Forza Di Reds,
    Regards to all ROMA XX

Roma ez allus been wun to meet any challenge eead on.

He knows weear all behind 'im.

I really don't know what to say Roma , I know what I think but it wouldn't be right at this time to say it .

Keep strong mi owd .

All the best Roma,you have more fans on this site than Barnsley Football Club has.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I really don't know what to say Roma , I know what I think but it wouldn't be right at this time to say it .

Keep strong mi owd .
    I know what you maybe thinking Animal , just off the record 3 of the Surgeons team were actively trying to get thing's done yesterday , they themselves we're "frustrated" having to go to management asking questions about beds etc , these highly skilled lifesavers are then kicking their heals , not being allowed to perform their duties , you could see by the look on their faces they wernt happy, they , the Nurse's, and the lady that brought me some tea and toast bless her ( I hadn't had anything for a day ) were also deeply upset and very apologetic and caring , it's not the first cancellation I've had , hopefully tho my last , each and everyone of us should be treat fairly , at times however it appears unfair and maybe ? priorities are a little one sided ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I know what you maybe thinking Animal , just off the record 3 of the Surgeons team were actively trying to get thing's done yesterday , they themselves we're "frustrated" having to go to management asking questions about beds etc , these highly skilled lifesavers are then kicking their heals , not being allowed to perform their duties , you could see by the look on their faces they wernt happy, they , the Nurse's, and the lady that brought me some tea and toast bless her ( I hadn't had anything for a day ) were also deeply upset and very apologetic and caring , it's not the first cancellation I've had , hopefully tho my last , each and everyone of us should be treat fairly , at times however it appears unfair and maybe ? priorities are a little one sided ,
    Roma you yourself have paid your taxes all your working life and you deserve healthcare fit for purpose when you need it .

I'm going to leave it at that mi owd .

My daughter has just given birth to our second grandchild two weeks ago today .

She had a difficult time and needed a C section .

They kicked her out of hospital the next day , she could hardly put one foot in front of the other .

Our grandchild of a few days old became seriously Ill with neo-natal sepsis and had to be rushed to Sheffield Children's hospital where thankfully she was given anti biotics and recovered after 5 days .

My daughter has now got an infection in her scar from the C section and had to go to hospital yesterday for treatment .

All the above was avoidable if she and our granddaughter had received the post birth care they should have done .

The state of the NHS today is shameful .

I'll say no more because my blood boils with how this government uses money and who receives it .

The side of the Brexit bus said £350 million per week will go to NHS instead of Europe!!

My ass, lying gits.

Now weve got an extra tax of 1.25% to help catch up. Yes weve had Covid but the chronic underfunding prior to the pandemic set us on the back foot, now people like Roma are paying the price for that.

All this while the likes of Johnson get priority treatment in the best London hospitals when they need it.

Hope your family recover well Animal and congratulations to you all on the new nipper.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    The side of the Brexit bus said £350 million per week will go to NHS instead of Europe!!

My ass, lying gits.

Now weve got an extra tax of 1.25% to help catch up. Yes weve had Covid but the chronic underfunding prior to the pandemic set us on the back foot, now people like Roma are paying the price for that.

All this while the likes of Johnson get priority treatment in the best London hospitals when they need it.

Hope your family recover well Animal and congratulations to you all on the new nipper.
    Thanks Ethel she's an angel but my word she put us through it when she became ill .

I've never been so frightened in my life , you feel totally helpless , we weren't even allowed to visit which I guess is understandable given covid but just adds to the helplessness .

On a positive note we can't thank Sheffield Children's Hospital enough , they were fantastic .

Stay strong Roma.

Mrs Jules had exactly the same happen to her. It’s heartbreaking to get to that point. Gutted for you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12