+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Derby County......

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Shame they didn't get the 9 point deduction last season, then the 12 this season when in league 1 instead of Rotherham - they would probably end up in league 2 next season had it happened that way. Doubt Rooney will be hanging around much longer..
    Shame - Derby and Forest as good as down after half a dozen games....
    Funny how you can conclude their fate after so few games, (and before any points deduction), but in the PL (where there are fewer fixtures), anyone suggesting Leeds are in trouble gets a (metaphorical) kicking. Strange.

What do you turn most threads into an argument - it’s the weekend, take a break for once?

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    What do you turn most threads into an argument - it’s the weekend, take a break for once?
    Thats the best question/quote Ive seen on here in 68 years Hopey, nice one kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Thats the best question/quote Ive seen on here in 68 years Hopey, nice one kid.
    🙃

��
    Err no Im not that old actually lol (Ive only just turned 50!), but you know what I mean ehh.

Hey seriously though Hopey, Derby don't seem to be getting much if any sympathy from most fans, and thats no surprise is it. And for me its totally deserved.
    Last edited by Acido; 18-09-2021 at 06:57 PM.

Agreed - Mel Morris and some of their managers have had a lot to say in the media over the years and some of their fans have given it large on here when we were in the lower leagues.

Not surprising not very much sympathy albeit I don’t think and of have gloated more recognised that what goes around eventually comes around.

Agreed - Mel Morris and some of their managers have had a lot to say in the media over the years and some of their fans have given it large on here when we were in the lower leagues.
    Not surprising not very much sympathy albeit I don’t think and of have gloated more recognised that what goes around eventually comes around.
    Yep, and I was asking a West Brom fan about that today how some of their fans have liked to take the mick a bit with other fans over the years. A bit too much actually!!.
    So what's that phrase ehh.. " What goes around... ", ohh I see you have already mentioned it.

I see Derby getting lots and lots of sympathy from various sort but when it was us I seem to recall very little sympathy for us in fact it was quite the reverse.

Just say like

Morning all, we did indeed have a few who took the mick when you were in the trouble Risdale got you into. I wasn't one. The rivalry makes the game more interesting when get to play each other and losing that pleasure isn't, IMO, worth losing for the temporary rush liquidation might give.

With regard to last season, we were not found guilty of anything that carried a points deduction. The knock on effect that had on FFP MIGHT have happened last season was it not for Covid. That resulted in getting people together for hearings and depositions took longer or the -9 could have seen us relegated. You can't blame DCFC that hearings, their verdicts, appeal by EFL etc took so long.

Finally, the 5h1t has hit the fan, Morris pushed the boat out a la Risdale and the end product is the same. We are now in Admin and 12 points worse off. I fully expect more deductions this season making survival from relegation almost matehmatically impossible. I also expect to start next season with a further deduction but won't go into why. C'est la vie.

Just like Risdale, Morris chased the dream and failed. The club, players, staff and fans are now paying the price. It's always the way.

All we can do now is hope that the administrators can sort the mess out, someone comes in to buy the club and that might be from an unexpected source and we can start afresh from wherever we end up which will probably be L1 with a small chance of L2. I also hope that they can manage to get the creditors most, if not all, of what they are owed. The creditors deserve nothing less. Who will lose the most? In a nutshell, Mel.

At some point in the next 10 years, I hope we can renew our onfield rivalry, preferably back in the PL. Until that time keep marching on. We'll meet again.

Until that time, we'll have to accept whatever the EFL throw at us

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Morning all, we did indeed have a few who took the mick when you were in the trouble Risdale got you into. I wasn't one. The rivalry makes the game more interesting when get to play each other and losing that pleasure isn't, IMO, worth losing for the temporary rush liquidation might give.

With regard to last season, we were not found guilty of anything that carried a points deduction. The knock on effect that had on FFP MIGHT have happened last season was it not for Covid. That resulted in getting people together for hearings and depositions took longer or the -9 could have seen us relegated. You can't blame DCFC that hearings, their verdicts, appeal by EFL etc took so long.

Finally, the 5h1t has hit the fan, Morris pushed the boat out a la Risdale and the end product is the same. We are now in Admin and 12 points worse off. I fully expect more deductions this season making survival from relegation almost matehmatically impossible. I also expect to start next season with a further deduction but won't go into why. C'est la vie.

Just like Risdale, Morris chased the dream and failed. The club, players, staff and fans are now paying the price. It's always the way.

All we can do now is hope that no the administrators can sort the mess out, someone comes in to buy the club and that might be from an unexpected source and we can start afresh from wherever we end up which will probably be L1 with a small chance of L2. I also hope that they can manage to get the creditors most, if not all, of what they are owed. The creditors deserve nothing less. Who will lose the most? In a nutshell, Mel.

At some point in the next 10 years, I hope we can renew our onfield rivalry, preferably back in the PL. Until that time keep marching on. We'll meet again.

Until that time, we'll have to accept whatever the EFL throw at us
    Genuinely good luck as that whole process can seem endless and a bit demoralising. You need a sensible new owner with a realistic plan to get you back up the league once the admin process is over.

I enjoyed some of the L1 years where it felt like Leeds v the world. No easy games as you will be other teams cup final.

Not fair on the fans but surely eventually football has to wake up and do something about this even if it has to get the government to pass new laws to impose such severe sanctions for financial mismanagement that they stop the rot.

The problem is that football has become one of the biggest leisure industries in the world and there are too many vested interests to properly sort out the underlying problems.

Bielsa maybe had it right the other week when he simply said pay the players and coaches less!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)