Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
Morning all, we did indeed have a few who took the mick when you were in the trouble Risdale got you into. I wasn't one. The rivalry makes the game more interesting when get to play each other and losing that pleasure isn't, IMO, worth losing for the temporary rush liquidation might give.

With regard to last season, we were not found guilty of anything that carried a points deduction. The knock on effect that had on FFP MIGHT have happened last season was it not for Covid. That resulted in getting people together for hearings and depositions took longer or the -9 could have seen us relegated. You can't blame DCFC that hearings, their verdicts, appeal by EFL etc took so long.

Finally, the 5h1t has hit the fan, Morris pushed the boat out a la Risdale and the end product is the same. We are now in Admin and 12 points worse off. I fully expect more deductions this season making survival from relegation almost matehmatically impossible. I also expect to start next season with a further deduction but won't go into why. C'est la vie.

Just like Risdale, Morris chased the dream and failed. The club, players, staff and fans are now paying the price. It's always the way.

All we can do now is hope that the administrators can sort the mess out, someone comes in to buy the club and that might be from an unexpected source and we can start afresh from wherever we end up which will probably be L1 with a small chance of L2. I also hope that they can manage to get the creditors most, if not all, of what they are owed. The creditors deserve nothing less. Who will lose the most? In a nutshell, Mel.

At some point in the next 10 years, I hope we can renew our onfield rivalry, preferably back in the PL. Until that time keep marching on. We'll meet again.

Until that time, we'll have to accept whatever the EFL throw at us
Strap in and hold on tight your in for a bumpy ride!