+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brentford Match Day Thread

Once Wolves get in the box, they look like they’ve never kicked a ball before

Well that’s that. Lage has to be beside himself. Another game with an advantage in possession and getting into dangerous spots but no final product. Not much more he can do.

Cynical play from Brentford in the second half. Ref could have brandished a few yellows for embellishment.

But at the end of the day, Wolves dug their own grave in the first half. Really poor defending from Marcal and then Saiss.

The first match of the season that I felt we didn’t deserve anything

Well done Mich, sorry I left you alone with that one! Grim result and in all honesty I think it's going to get grimmer. If we hadn't of grabbed those three points last week we may have been looking for a new manager all ready.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Well done Mich, sorry I left you alone with that one! Grim result and in all honesty I think it's going to get grimmer. If we hadn't of grabbed those three points last week we may have been looking for a new manager all ready.
    Feel like new players would have been the best solution. Today was our worst performance under Lage and we still created more shots, chances, corners and all that jazz. Just mistimed runs and crosses to the wrong spots and not getting on the end of passes. Feel for Bruno as he wanted players in the window and the front office didn’t provide them.

What happened to the Wolves team that, so recently, put the frighteners into Spurs and Man.Utd ? Today they looked supremely confident when the game began, but it didn't last very long did it? Giving in to a some primal urge, Marcal decided to wrestle his opponent to the ground in a tackle 'Hulk Hogan would have been proud to claim his own. Following the well-taken penalty by Toney the rot set in and with it went much of Wolves composure. In spite of his never say die approach to the game and a willingness to work hard, Marcal is often prone to take the wrong option when making a tackle or moving toward the opposing end with the ball at his feet. If we are looking for an 'enforcer' then he's your man, but unless Bruno can keep a check on his bouts of recklessness he may well become a commodity we can no longer afford. That said, I'm sure others would disagree with me. The behaviour of certain Brentford players who sought to disrupt the game by continually flopping to the turf in feigned injury was a total bluddy disgrace. Such a performance might have been better suited at the Old Vic ! I trust they have paid their dues to Actor's Equity.
    Shame really, because in spite of their shenanigans they probably deserved the victory and could otherwise have gone home with a clear conscience (which they probably did anyway....*******s like that don't have a concscience)
    Last edited by GrizzledWolf; 18-09-2021 at 03:46 PM.

Feigning injury, time wasting? Frustrating yes, but don't forget we do it as well. In fact I think it is the national sport of Portugal.

My Saturday didn't start off well. It never does after a 16 hour day Friday, especially when it's a ridiculous 12:30 kick off. That feeling that football is ever more being taken away from the fans to suit the greed of the media with their desire to take it to the masses, sat on their fat asses on couches happy to pay their money to the puppet masters to entertain them through the worldwide television coverage that affords the wages of countless individuals, most of whom aren't intelligent, or intellectual enough to get much further than the check out at the local MacDonalds in the real world! And that's just the players, todays referee at Molineux falls far below that standard. Mr Darren England, stand up and take a bow... you've earned the honour of being the most incompetent referee I've ever had the misfortune to witness with my own eyes! However, that said is not why we lost that game.

We got 'played' by Brentford, simple as that and we fell for it. For the first ten minutes it looked like we'd resume the attacking style we'd produced for all the of the matches from the second half at Leicester onwards......and the Brentford started to make it scrappy. They started pressing, with a fair amount of success and slowing the game down, or more to the point our game. Then they 'manufactured' the to corners that led to their first goal. They took an age to get the ball to the corner quadrant, leaving their players in our box to niggle at our defence. We were lucky not to give away a penalty the first time, but the second time Marcel, who had a nightmare changed to WWE rules and guaranteed one. We fell for it, hook, line and sinker. If that wasn't bad enough, their second goal was down to just pure lack of effort. Kilman was bloody unlucky his tackle rebounded to his opponent but he'd done more than enough to buy time for our defence to get back and organised, the fact that they didn't, effectively leaving a two on one is a damning indictment of our attitude today. After that it was a pantomime of Brentford players blatantly wasting time and a referee so devoid of his responsibility that it became a face and embarrassing to watch.

After watching us up until this game I might be inclined to leave that rant there, but considering we only scored our first goal last week, and we played for 30 minutes today against 10 men, without having a shot on target the whole game I must say I'm slightly concerned. I haven't yet heard Lage's response to today's debacle but, for me, this is where we'll see if he's up to the job. The honeymoons over Bruno, now start to save your marriage!

Great post Plates, you should get angry more often mate.

A brilliant dissertation of what occurred yesterday...Thank you, 'Plates (I'm convinced you missed your calling in life, mate). Perhaps there were contributing factors for our defeat, but the unpalatable truth remains -we were the architects of our own demise! If Bruno and the team take any positives from this performance they're telling fibs !!! ...and the sooner we get back on the road to redemption the better.

Not much more to be said after Plates' accurate but damming criticism. I think that only Traore and Hwang would get any positive comments from me. For goodness sake every man and his dog knows that Traore is going to cross long - why isn't someone there???

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)