+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Goodbye Bootham Crescent...

Unhappy Goodbye Bootham Crescent...

The place holds special memories for me, this is the ground where I watched the Clarets gain promotion from the old Fourth Division and take us from the bottom ladder of the Football League...

https://www.theguardian.com/football...MP=recap_email

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The place holds special memories for me, this is the ground where I watched the Clarets gain promotion from the old Fourth Division and take us from the bottom ladder of the Football League...

https://www.theguardian.com/football...MP=recap_email
    Yep was a good place Bt and what a night that was( like a home game by kick off , as more clarets filed in a few York fans moved further around in the ground to one section - place was. Bouncing by the end.

Carlisle away similar as well from memory if same season.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Yep was a good place Bt and what a night that was( like a home game by kick off , as more clarets filed in a few York fans moved further around in the ground to one section - place was. Bouncing by the end.

Carlisle away similar as well from memory if same season.
    I remember the "Carlisle Experience" very well army88. Me, the wife and three kids were all done up in our "colours" and stopped off at Penrith for lunch.

Four Cumbrian lads stated to give us dog's abuse when a dozen or so Burnley male supporters alighted from a mini-bus. There was blood and snot everywhere!

Rubbish game it was too!

I remember the "Carlisle Experience" very well army88. Me, the wife and three kids were all done up in our "colours" and stopped off at Penrith for lunch.

Four Cumbrian lads stated to give us dog's abuse when a dozen or so Burnley male supporters alighted from a mini-bus. There was blood and snot everywhere!

Rubbish game it was too!
    Was that the one where some of our lads were 'swimming' across the pitch, or was that somewhere else. York was special, we were on the way back, but I never imagined for one moment just where we'd get back to.

Great

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Great

I was right behind that Alto , feet barely touched the floor - truly a great night.

Lancie Burnsley in the old Fourth Division sounds such a long time ago now Beds, when were you lot last in the bottom division ?.

And hey it got me thinking when my own Yorkie Burnsley were last there, can you believe it was back in season 1978-79 when Allan Clarke joined us from Leeds as player manager. Im sure we also used to play regularly in those days at York's Bootham crescent ground.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)