+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Dons v St Johnstone

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    You’ll all be singing “one Stephen Glass” before the end of the season.
    We’re singing “when was the last time we won, Stephen Glass?” already.

The one and only upside from today for me was that I thought Bates looked pretty good before he went off injured

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    The one and only upside from today for me was that I thought Bates looked pretty good before he went off injured
    Did he look like a master?

That and I thought Brown did well. I’m not giving up hope yet (though I accept I’m now verging of happy clapping) but Brown would surely be tearing his hair out if he had any.

The weird thing is that this doesn’t feel like a McGhee, Brown, Calderwood or even late era McInnes team to me. It feels like there’s potential there.

Trying to analyse why that is I think it’s that if we shipped out a few central midfielders and brought in a fresh winger or two and another No.10 we’d have a decent team. I think Bates and McCrorie might work, we’ve promising full backs, plenty of central midfielders and theoretically decent firepower up front (but I’d dump JET).

So a decent January window and we could turn this around. But right now the bottom six beckons.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    It’s miles better to watch than a McInnes team already.

Mistake to take on Hayes and McGinn though.

Yesterday’s men.
    It’s bloody worse than even the most mediocre offering under Derek McInnes. One of the first times I have ever fallen asleep watching Aberdeen in my lifetime. Wasn’t going to bother watching it but the game coincided with me finishing my outdoor painting for the day so I though great, a few cold beers (3 degrees) from my new beer machine with some snacks to take in the game. Regret that I didn’t watch the paint dry instead - 52 minutes before we had a shot at goal and we never looked like scoring. I’ll be done with this soon unless things improve pronto!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    That and I thought Brown did well. I’m not giving up hope yet (though I accept I’m now verging of happy clapping) but Brown would surely be tearing his hair out if he had any.

The weird thing is that this doesn’t feel like a McGhee, Brown, Calderwood or even late era McInnes team to me. It feels like there’s potential there.

Trying to analyse why that is I think it’s that if we shipped out a few central midfielders and brought in a fresh winger or two and another No.10 we’d have a decent team. I think Bates and McCrorie might work, we’ve promising full backs, plenty of central midfielders and theoretically decent firepower up front (but I’d dump JET).

So a decent January window and we could turn this around. But right now the bottom six beckons.
    JET does appear to have dumped his fuel at times, I agree. I’d also maybe add Ramirez, Brown, Ojo (the resurrected ****e version), Hayes, Gallagher, McGinn, Lewis, J and Gurr to that list!?

I wouldn’t particularly disagree with that list, other than Brown.

Gurr looked really good going forward against Raith in the first half but then had a nightmare when called upon to defend in the second. Whether that was a one off or just a reflection of his capabilities I don’t know, but either way I imagine his confidence is shot.

The Gallagher thing I don’t understand at all, but on the basis of what we’ve seen so far it’s not at all obvious why we signed him/he made it into the Scotland squad.

Aberdeen manager Stephen Glass: "Disappointed and frustrated again. A lot of the ball and we get into areas in the final third and don't look like we're going to score a goal.

"It would be worrying if we weren't getting the team in situations. Obviously we want to be doing better than we are, we're getting the team in situations and it's a little bit of quality that's lacking."

Asked about some of the boos at full-time from fans at Pittodrie, Glass said: "I understand their frustration. We're as frustrated as they are as a whole group. Players, staff, everyone. They can see what we're trying to do.

"I think questions like that lead you to turn players against fans and fans against players, but it's not like that. We're all together and pushing in the same direction and we'll get there.

"We are trying to do something at the club that's a little bit different. We're six games into a league campaign, we're sitting halfway up the league, we know we should be better. We'll get to where we want to be."

Of course, of course…

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    We have the injured centre half position already covered.

Just heard the Stephen Glass interview.

You know your days are numbered when you are being passive aggressive to Tyrone Smith

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast