+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Derby game

Derby game

Our record against the Dabs is woeful, even when we have played well against them and won, it's always by one goal,except for a few exceptions.
    We beat them 3-1 at Dens when Hartley was manager, 3-0 when Bonetti was manager and I remember 4-1 at Dens in early sixties when Rolando Ugolini was in goal for United.
    Jim Duffy knew how to play Yinited , think he only lost one out of nine against the Dabs.
    Beat them at the dump when Tommy Coyne, Mcann and George Shaw were in the team.
    They always seem to be up for it more than us, but I have faith in the present squad to get a result, don't think Charlie will be there, would love to see him score against the Dabs before his career is finished.
    MON THE DEE !!

A goal with a header from a cross, from the guy with "no end product"

Most goals I’ve saw us score against them was 6 in the 6-4 game it’s just a pity we took it easy after the 6th went in and allowed them to score 2 in the last 6 or so mins best result I’ve saw at the brick was 4-1 , when a 16 year old Jocky Scott scored twice , the worst was in the 80s when they regularly scored 5 against us

Quote Originally Posted by notso View Post
    Most goals I’ve saw us score against them was 6 in the 6-4 game it’s just a pity we took it easy after the 6th went in and allowed them to score 2 in the last 6 or so mins best result I’ve saw at the brick was 4-1 , when a 16 year old Jocky Scott scored twice , the worst was in the 80s when they regularly scored 5 against us
    Forgot about the 6-4 game, think it was a Forfarshire cup game, but I remember when we beat them 4-3 at the dump when Archie Knox was manager, that was sweet, United thought they were invincible, even Wee Jim said he never thought that Dundee could score four against them.

Play the way we can and we win.
    Conscious of the fact I've thought this before tho.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    Forgot about the 6-4 game, think it was a Forfarshire cup game, but I remember when we beat them 4-3 at the dump when Archie Knox was manager, that was sweet, United thought they were invincible, even Wee Jim said he never thought that Dundee could score four against them.
    The 6-4 game was a league game in 1971 it was exactly 6 years to the day after that terrible thumping from the Dabs in jim Mcleans debut for the Dees

I feel confident, play to our strengths we win, sit back and allow them to come at us we don’t, if we do go one up I hope we keep going for the next goal

Absolutely ****e today , worst performance of the season so far

Quote Originally Posted by notso View Post
    Absolutely ****e today , worst performance of the season so far
    Absolutely . McPake found wanting again. Dreadful substitutions. What did he give them all at half time? A pint? Bottom now. Deservedly so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)