+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looks like an interesting Season

Looks like an interesting Season

Another point, but this weekends games, things could be a bit different.
    Long way to go, but this season has a totally different feel about it, pre-season was poor, and lack of form has continued into early league matches, injuries yes, teams do seem to have figured how we play, and lack of quality recruitment just adds to the problems.
    Also, and agree its a long way off, but there could be issues at end of season - will MB sign another year, unlikely, will Radz sell or move on ( 49ers ) and then there could be some player issues.
    A mediocre season may just confirm some decisions.

more doom mongering

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    more doom mongering
    More taking man, not ball.

Was going to suggest Bathlad be careful lest he be labelled a Neghead, you've lived up to my expectation, and avoided any response to the issues he refers to in his post.

You may have a different opinion, but you make next to f00k all contradictory references to the concerns raised by those you disagree with, so we are supposed to agree with you because you say we should? Some forum that would be.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    More taking man, not ball.

You may have a different opinion, but you make next to f00k all contradictory references to the concerns raised by those you disagree with, so we are supposed to agree with you because you say we should? Some forum that would be.

Can't you take a 'stuff always will happen' attitude or simply just ask the person or people at LUFC direct of your alleged mis-management of LUFC by their policies and to address the situation.Or actually come 'out' publicly and join one of many supporter groups who the club has dialogue with.

Arguably - all constant-criticism does is metaphorically curse the darkness while refusing to light a candle on matters to those in charge you constantly harangue.

A recent offer of free seats was refused,also with it was an opportunity to meet people working with the club & within the club & fans of the club of who some earn a freelance living writing about the club.

A later thread posted allowed for a further option-opportunity to answer any of your detailed questions direct regarding the introduction of youth into the Leeds first team.To be answered by respected Leeds elite sportsmen recognised for their contributions at top levels of sport Deane & Hanley.

Surely all those options rejected would have given valuable insights into why 'stuff always will happen' and why critical-criticism is not the answer when there are invariably always two-sides to a coin regarding such hyper-critical questions asked that can only be addressed by those connected to the club with experience of what really goes on.

Finally, constant criticism even if you are unconsciously encouraging it can destroy self-esteem. Low self-esteem is a leading cause of anxiety and depression. It makes doing well in your career difficult I was told by an ex-player after his reading of your public critique on Tyler Roberts personal life choices Post.As I was told footballers don't mind being called ****e but there a limits to what should be said and possible effects on those it's said of.Some are not blessed with the mindset, mental health or family support of the likes Patrick Bamford when criticisms flood in.

Just saying like as I was wanting to post a Newcastle match day comment but to be honest I'm not prepared to waste my time on it.

https://www.bigchange.com/footballer...tional-monday/

Quote Originally Posted by bathlad61 View Post
    Another point, but this weekends games, things could be a bit different.
    Long way to go, but this season has a totally different feel about it, pre-season was poor, and lack of form has continued into early league matches, injuries yes, teams do seem to have figured how we play, and lack of quality recruitment just adds to the problems.
    Also, and agree its a long way off, but there could be issues at end of season - will MB sign another year, unlikely, will Radz sell or move on ( 49ers ) and then there could be some player issues.
    A mediocre season may just confirm some decisions.

I find each and every season interesting mate. You question lack of form, I would like to think we haven’t quite gel’d just yet, there is plenty signs during a game you can see we are just not quite on the button but close, imo, there is always going to be injuries, just unfortunate for us on the injured positions. I have the faith it WILL turn around, we have a good squad and we seem to have a good attitude running throughout the team. Wrong results are always frustrating for players and fans alike. I have no problem us fans voicing it, goes with the territory each and everyone knows this, its sport mate. We’ve been through football hell to get here, lets enjoy it.
    As for MB and all the other stuff que sera sera…..

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Can't you take a 'stuff always will happen' attitude or simply just ask the person or people at LUFC direct of your alleged mis-management of LUFC by their policies and to address the situation.Or actually come 'out' publicly and join one of many supporter groups who the club has dialogue with.

Arguably - all constant-criticism does is metaphorically curse the darkness while refusing to light a candle on matters to those in charge you constantly harangue.

A recent offer of free seats was refused,also with it was an opportunity to meet people working with the club & within the club & fans of the club of who some earn a freelance living writing about the club.

A later thread posted allowed for a further option-opportunity to answer any of your detailed questions direct regarding the introduction of youth into the Leeds first team.To be answered by respected Leeds elite sportsmen recognised for their contributions at top levels of sport Deane & Hanley.

Surely all those options rejected would have given valuable insights into why 'stuff always will happen' and why critical-criticism is not the answer when there are invariably always two-sides to a coin regarding such hyper-critical questions asked that can only be addressed by those connected to the club with experience of what really goes on.

Finally, constant criticism even if you are unconsciously encouraging it can destroy self-esteem. Low self-esteem is a leading cause of anxiety and depression. It makes doing well in your career difficult I was told by an ex-player after his reading of your public critique on Tyler Roberts personal life choices Post.As I was told footballers don't mind being called ****e but there a limits to what should be said and possible effects on those it's said of.Some are not blessed with the mindset, mental health or family support of the likes Patrick Bamford when criticisms flood in.

Just saying like as I was wanting to post a Newcastle match day comment but to be honest I'm not prepared to waste my time on it.

https://www.bigchange.com/footballer...tional-monday/
    A player reading the Leeds forum? No one reads forums apart from supporters. The link you provided has nothing to do with someone in a forum just the devil inside a player.
    Now if people are nasty in these forums yes it can and has caused problems to some individuals and some have gone too far so on. But like us posters we put ourselves in these forums, these player's managers earning god knows how much they are in the public eye they put themselves out there, and of course, people will talk about them good or bad.
    The problem with WTF and Myself is we have opinions also and when we put them forward we get bombarded, You know what they say Give Someone ammunition and they will fire back.
    You get but the constant dribble I can't take it anymore Well stop firing yourself and you might not be shot back.
    Rev has been back for a while and did he once mention a certain poster? Whom Comes out of the blue and starts firing away. Now, what is Rev supposed to do sit and cop it? That individual has also shot at your mum I try to remember not too long ago.
    Now lastly If WTF was such a bad person and after what I said in a moment of madness and my illness should not be used as an excuse which must have hurt himself and his kids, why did he forgive me and was the first person to respond to a post when I started posting again? Why in some posts of mine that I have had an attack he has defended me?
    Hope has his opinion that Firpo was good last game AND probably the only one in here should we all go after him? should we call him this and that? The answer is no it is his belief let it be. In fairness Hope doesn't have the hate as me and what WTF have in here so can you imagine what we would cop if we came out and said that? I ask you to put yourself in that position.

Not sure I should respond, or what the response should be, to MTs post, but fwiw

I don't have the ability to travel very far, on a pension and (quite recently), no vehicle and public transport simply isn't feasible ( either to ER or the more local away games, and with the away game ticket allocations even Southampton isn't possible). Not saying MT knows my (or anyone else's) situation, just don't make assumptions?

I don't want wise words from those who have no responsibility for team matters at LUFC, I want to see how they are going to deal with a start to the season that, as Bathlad has outlined, is very far from where we need to be, and worse by far from that of our first season back in the PL.

Neither do I want some psychobabble from anyone not directly responsible for how those in the U23s are to be "promoted" to the first team, short of a collection of injuries and suspensions which doesn't strike me as how you MANAGE such activity.

If the club, as opposed to MT or her mum, have a response and read these posts (oh yeah?)? then by all means put the reply in these threads.

Lastly, for now, the issue of mental well being, in particular for the younger players. Just how is the well-being of the likes of Shackleton, Gelhardt and Creswell being managed when they see players brought in directly to the 1st team, with no experience whatsoever of English leagues, and see those very same players prove incapable of meeting the physical challenges of those leagues, and yet they get no such opportunity?

BTW, what I want is one thing, what I expect in nothing at all.

And if you want to see a REAL prospect that cost Brighton about what we paid for Firpo, watch Cucurella up against Leicester, THATS a worthy replacement for Alioski, if we don't think the U23s have it.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    And if you want to see a REAL prospect that cost Brighton about what we paid for Firpo, watch Cucurella up against Leicester, THATS a worthy replacement for Alioski, if we don't think the U23s have it.
    I watch the Everton winger cost 1.5 to Costa 15 Harrison 15 mil and James 30 lol They are gems out there and in England but will never get a chance, as the game has gone all money the big clubs have to buy ready-made foreigners.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)