+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Maidenhead Utd. 18.09.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I’d quite like to know why he’s got Jimmy Savile as his avatar. Maybe Jim Fixed it for him?
    I think he is trying to tell us something. I always thought he looked a bit that way..

The big positive to take from today is that we got another 3 points. Let's hope that the old adage about the mark of a good team is that they have the ability to pick up points when not playing well applies to us, because the other option is that we're not quite as good as some think.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Have you got something wrong with you? Why do you feel the need to post that? You are a very strange man Laddo.
    It's what laddo does, a regular namecheck with the benefit of hindsight to try and look big and clever.

The good news is that I think most posters have worked him out.

Another game where some fan expectations are that the opposition would be dead and buried by half time.

We certainly were not at the standards we have set previously certainly in the first half but the positive was that we went into the half time break with a clean sheet. This then gave us something to build on in the second half.

Whilst some fans were showing their frustrations at half time I’m confident this season that even though we may not be firing on all cylinders at the moment we have sufficient quality in our squad to do the job and get the three points and that is all that matters come the end of the season. Today was a perfect example of this.

We are not going to steam roll teams 5-0 every week like we did Barnet. If we can keep winning games and keep on a 2 points per game we will be challenging for the title.

Also the 1-0 is what wins titles and 2.14 points per game after 7 games is an excellent start to the season platform and foundation to build on.

I’ve always said since we have been at this level we need to hit the ground running at the start of the season and points wise we are doing that.

We’ve had our best start to a season in at least 16 years so let’s enjoy it and not be negative because some performances might be sub par. You can only beat what’s in front of you and we have done this twice at home this week. Of course there will be bigger tests but we can be better as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Another game where some fan expectations are that the opposition would be dead and buried by half time.

We certainly were not at the standards we have set previously certainly in the first half but the positive was that we went into the half time break with a clean sheet. This then gave us something to build on in the second half.

Whilst some fans were showing their frustrations at half time I’m confident this season that even though we may not be firing on all cylinders at the moment we have sufficient quality in our squad to do the job and get the three points and that is all that matters come the end of the season. Today was a perfect example of this.

We are not going to steam roll teams 5-0 every week like we did Barnet. If we can keep winning games and keep on a 2 points per game we will be challenging for the title.

Also the 1-0 is what wins titles and 2.14 points per game after 7 games is an excellent start to the season platform and foundation to build on.

I’ve always said since we have been at this level we need to hit the ground running at the start of the season and points wise we are doing that.

We’ve had our best start to a season in at least 16 years so let’s enjoy it and not be negative because some performances might be sub par. You can only beat what’s in front of you and we have done this twice at home this week. Of course there will be bigger tests but we can be better as well.
    In some ways, starting the season with that 5-0 against Barnet has raised the expectations a little too much - now we’re disappointed with narrow victories, yet these are what earn you promotion. As Mad Magpie says, we just need to keep banking the points for now and hope we start to see better performances very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It's what laddo does, a regular namecheck with the benefit of hindsight to try and look big and clever.

The good news is that I think most posters have worked him out.
    Birdwatching?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The big positive to take from today is that we got another 3 points. Let's hope that the old adage about the mark of a good team is that they have the ability to pick up points when not playing well applies to us, because the other option is that we're not quite as good as some think.
    Definitely the latter in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I think he is trying to tell us something. I always thought he looked a bit that way..
    "...looked a bit that way..". The Nature boy? Lol.

I'm surprised you are on NCM this evening Durham you rarely appear after a Notts win.

True story

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Birdwatching?
    No. Without wishing to make a cheap reference to your Jimmy Savile avatar, more arsehole watching.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post

In the Munto season we scored 9 in the first 2 games, but after 7 games only had 13 points as compared to 14 this season. We did score 17 in the first 4 home games though!

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast