+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Maidenhead Utd. 18.09.21 [NL]

Happy to talk about Navy and his self inflicted departure but as you can it's clearly still a sore point for Pedro and Elite

I've noticed, and it's impossible not to, that you constantly talk about me and often instigate these little back and forth spats with posts aimed in my direction. It's been the same for a couple of years now.

Some prime examples on this thread and many others. Recently you've stopped trying to even be subtle about it which I find a little lazy or desperate.

Let's try find you a new hobby.

Elite what about woodwork? Very popular with the retired folk I was hearing on TV recently. All year round too. How about that for your new hobby?

P.S. All talk of Navy, his banning, my postings and your next hobby is best on your designated thread or PM wouldn't you say?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I can see why navypie was banned because he overstepped the mark quite a few times, despite many warnings from the moderator. There was however one poster in particular who loved pushing his buttons, and still gloats over his ban (see#191 & #196). He might well have been red carded anyway because he didn't heed those warnings, but I think that particular poster at least accelerated the process.
    That's my point,if laddo had been given warnings in the early days he wouldn't have had the freedom of the board to go around goading people and luring them into arguments in which he then dipped out off,looking like the victim.(this still stands)
    As I often reminded the moderator at the time that flaming was on the naughty list but it was constantly ignored.All I'm saying is if laddo wasnt allowed to flame people then they wouldn't have got so angry with him leading to major melt downs as I know from personal experience.

This thread is on thin ice... just saying.

A great 3 points saturday,a shame that some posters were moaning about the first half performance hey...

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Happy to talk about Navy and his self inflicted departure.
    We all know you're happy to talk about, in fact I think most will realise you absolutely revel in it, but the point was why are you doing it on a match thread v Maidenhead United?

It's contrary to everything you've said about only wanting to discuss Notts and your desire to keep threads on topic.

Please answer that.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    That's a very optimistic 'maybe'
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who sees new posts and clicks in hope that it's related to the game. But no, it's degenerated, again.
    It is slightly optimistic, but the irony is that one poster regularly says "I only want to discuss Notts and see threads remain on topic".

That poster isn't me, you'll have to work out who it is for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Get your points, and Brindley and Chicksen would deserve the chance, but it very much sounds like they'll bring someone in

And Burchnall says Notts are now likely to discuss a move in the market with targets already having been identified.
    "I would say so," he said. "Brinds (Richard Brindley) and Chicks (Adam Chicksen) are not really centre-backs. They can play in a three but not a four.
    "It's more than likely that we will look at it. Kyle will undergo a scan and then we will get some feedback on it.
    "He said he just felt something in his hamstring. He did it last season so hopefully he was just being overcautious'
    "It could be a couple of weeks, we don't know. Connell Rawlinson is also a couple of weeks away too.
    "This is what we've said. We haven't used any of our loan options. We have ones prepared if we need to move in the market. We've identified a few in mind who could come in

Wonder what type of player they're lining up - higher league reserve? Young player like the CBs we had from Brighton under Nolan? Or someone more experienced?
    I'd guess it would be a young player on loan, but hopefully one with at least a bit of previous first-team game time. In recent years we've had good and bad experiences in that regard. I remember Ben Hall coming on loan from Brighton and doing pretty well until he got injured, while Keston Davies came in from Swansea and looked very unsure of himself. Oddly enough, I've seen some websites describe Ed Francis as a central defender so I don't know if that's a possibility in an emergency? After all, we've got other players who can cover midfield if he dropped into the back line for a short time.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Oddly enough, I've seen some websites describe Ed Francis as a central defender so I don't know if that's a possibility in an emergency? After all, we've got other players who can cover midfield if he dropped into the back line for a short time.
    We'd all forgotten about that. It'd allow us to keep a back 4, pick Vincent if we wanted and have a defender or two on the bench...and if it's only for the Altrincham and Woking games...
    Even so, more likely we see a loanee CB come in this week

On here, and particularly the YouTube sites, you see calls for the back three so Brindley-Lacey-Chicksen. That's fine, but they're talking about the rest of the season not this injury crisis (where it would leave us without a defender on the bench). The question to this is 'OK, but who are you picking at Right Wing Back?' And you can't have DKE and you can't have Nemane because they're not wing-backs...
    This is the main reason 3-5-2 formations fail all the time in the lower leagues, the assumption that a fullback can automatically fill a wing back role

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    We all know you're happy to talk about, in fact I think most will realise you absolutely revel in it, but the point was why are you doing it on a match thread v Maidenhead United?

It's contrary to everything you've said about only wanting to discuss Notts and your desire to keep threads on topic.

Please answer that.
    Looks like he's not so happy to talk about it after all and has dipped out again leaving a more than valid question unanswered.
    What is it they say in amateur dramatics leave them wanting more.!

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast