+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kewell and Searle sacked

Kewell and Searle sacked

Barnet have become the latest club to sack former Nottingham County manager Harold the Cool. He's lasted 7 games this time.

https://barnetfc.com/club-statement-harry-kewell

Aldershot have also relieved Danny Searle of his duties after a poor start t the season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58622611
    Last edited by SwalePie; 20-09-2021 at 11:04 AM.

I think the Danny Searle decision was a difficult one for the Aldershot board. I know there was a split on opinion for them when the decision was made. I'd imagine Kewell didn't endear himself to anyone at Barnet!

Kewell is not a surprise but Barnet weren't exactly a club on the up.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Well this ^^^. I'm not trying to defend Kewellio but given the ''base'' he was starting from, what exactly were they expecting? Overnight miracles?

Maybe we dodged a bullet after all, and Hardy was right to sack him so quickly. Well done Al.

Or more likely maybe we were even more foolish than everyone else that we actually paid compensation to take him from Crawley!

Either way as the saying goes "it's better to laugh than cry".

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Neither were Oldham or Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Maybe we dodged a bullet after all, and Hardy was right to sack him so quickly. Well done Al.

Or more likely maybe we were even more foolish than everyone else that we actually paid compensation to take him from Crawley!

Either way as the saying goes "it's better to laugh than cry".
    I'm all for sacking managers who given a reasonable amount of time don't appear to be up to the job but 7 games to turn around a team who finished rank bottom, (I'm not including Dover), last season? Most prob on a smallish budget as well, that's a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Neither were Oldham or Notts.
    Left both in a higher position than he found them if my memory is still functioning (I stand to be corrected on Oldham), but it wouldn't be a shock if it came out that he'd upset one too many people down at Barnet, rather than it purely being a results decision.

It'll take a brave chairman for him to get another job in this country again.

Feel sorry for him, he's had some bad breaks, would Crawley take him back at any point?
    Couldn't he be assistant coach somewhere for a while? Does managing in Australia pay or is he basically UK-based now?
    Hmm, this is turning out to be an interview down the job centre, better leave it there

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Feel sorry for him, he's had some bad breaks, would Crawley take him back at any point?
    Couldn't he be assistant coach somewhere for a while? Does managing in Australia pay or is he basically UK-based now?
    Hmm, this is turning out to be an interview down the job centre, better leave it there
    Part of the problem with him is that he comes across so badly every time he speaks, though. No one is going to give time and support to someone who comes across as so aloof and disinterested in their job.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast