+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toney

Toney

Just scored a cracking pen and has had 2 disallowed.

Why do we not still have him? Clearly a player with potential when with us and was let go for peanuts.

Another joke.

...just had a.great assist on Brentford's second.

Down to Rafa, that one I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Down to Rafa, that one I think.
    yep Toney and Armstrong down to Rafa, but i dare say, if they were still here, Brucey would have them playing as fullbacks

Think is - Toney wasn't a prem player when he left us.

I'm really pleased for him and absolute fair play for pulling it off but he could of gone the other way and disappeared into a solid lower league player.

I don't think we can really blame Rafa, or even the club for letting him go when he did.

Also, remember he said he wanted to leave for the regular game time.

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    yep Toney and Armstrong down to Rafa, but i dare say, if they were still here, Brucey would have them playing as fullbacks
    What is worse for a player,
    To be Brucied or Pardewed?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kirkland View Post
    Ooh, hard one.

Pardew managed to fuck up Tiote and Cabaye in one fell swoop by making them swap positions.

Bruce is, if possible, an even shitter coach who's taken Rafa's defence and ruined it single-handedly.

He's ruined Sean and Matty Longstaff.

He admitted Miggy is way better as a no.10 then never plays him there.

And he continues to play Joelinton. And he plays Hayden as a CB with Fernandez and Schar on the bench. And he plays Murphy and Ritchie as wingba.....

It's Bruce, isn't it.

The fact that Ashley hires "Managers, Coaches" That do this to players continually proves how far this club has regressed in the 13 years under Ashley. I can't think of another team who's fans have the same sort of terms to describe their managers incompitence.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kirkland View Post
    Being cabbaged is worse IMO. Pardew capably managed to turn Ba from a goal machine into an unhappy player by pushing him out left to accommodate Cisse. But, Bruce’s effect on Lejeune and Schar puts him in a different league.

Much as I detest Pardew the huge wooden spoon goes to Bruce. Pardew had very little idea how to manage/coach a team but Bruce has even less.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)