+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wee wee extra incentive

Wee wee extra incentive

Win tomorrow and we're top...

Who would have thought a few weeks ago after the Airdrie game, that we would be heading to the top of the table 6 games in...........ah we can only hope still it better than being rooted to the bottom.😃

Absolutely...it's cracking fun if nothing else before (likely) nothingness kicks in again.

Neither Hearts nor Hibs won and Man City held at home, so who knows what can (?!?) happen?

And it did - we got a point at Ibrox, which should've been 2. A more blatant OFFSIDE goal you'll never see and Watt won a STONEWALL pen that wasn't given. Well done The Establishment ...

What's worrying now is that well-known MFC trend of falling flat on their faces when made favourites, such as will probably be the case with Ross County at home. I actually had quite a good feeling about the Ibrox trip, but I am not so sure about this one. Please prove me wrong, Graeme!

Quote Originally Posted by sieb1886 View Post
    And it did - we got a point at Ibrox, which should've been 2. A more blatant OFFSIDE goal you'll never see and Watt won a STONEWALL pen that wasn't given. Well done The Establishment ...
    Sorry, Sieb, but you've got that wrong. I've just been talking to a couple of Rangers - supporting friends up the street
    (they are indeed, and will remain, friends), and they're quite clear that because the ball was actually headed into the net by a Motherwell defender, then the Rangers forward could not possibly have been offside. A more wilful misunderstanding of the evidence on record and the offside law you could hardly imagine, but 'twas ever thus. And, of course, the ref. was rotten. Dear oh dear!
    How did our guys actually play? I turned to the 'Herald' match report this morning to find out. 65 column centimetres were devoted to Rangers, 9 to Motherwell, so I'm none the wiser. I'll go on the assumption that restricting our opponents to one offside goal when they were, apparently, playing good stuff may have reflected well on our players. And we actually didn't manage to take the best chance of the first half. And if Rangers didn't seem to play as well in the second half perhaps we are due some credit for sussing them out?
    PS - a word for O'Hara. His decision to resist the temptation to check back on KVV's pass, but to run on into the penalty area paid dividends. Well done that man.
    Sorry - rant over; I should know after all these years of putting up with the OF nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by dazlhigh View Post
    Sorry, Sieb, but you've got that wrong. I've just been talking to a couple of Rangers - supporting friends up the street
    (they are indeed, and will remain, friends), and they're quite clear that because the ball was actually headed into the net by a Motherwell defender, then the Rangers forward could not possibly have been offside. A more wilful misunderstanding of the evidence on record and the offside law you could hardly imagine, but 'twas ever thus. And, of course, the ref. was rotten. Dear oh dear!
    How did our guys actually play? I turned to the 'Herald' match report this morning to find out. 65 column centimetres were devoted to Rangers, 9 to Motherwell, so I'm none the wiser. I'll go on the assumption that restricting our opponents to one offside goal when they were, apparently, playing good stuff may have reflected well on our players. And we actually didn't manage to take the best chance of the first half. And if Rangers didn't seem to play as well in the second half perhaps we are due some credit for sussing them out?
    PS - a word for O'Hara. His decision to resist the temptation to check back on KVV's pass, but to run on into the penalty area paid dividends. Well done that man.
    Sorry - rant over; I should know after all these years of putting up with the OF nonsense.
    Remember that old saying my man ... 'you can choose yer friends, but not yer family'? Don't know what game yer mates watched but the goal was a deffo O'SIDE. Sportscene, Monday's papers and my dug said so too ! The fact we got a point on their 'flag day' was well received, but had it been 3 we'd be TOTL. Just sayin

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)