+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bolton Wanderers Post Match Thoughts

Also in NY managed to watch the second half great game management by the lads.

My MOTM was Rathbone, replacing tree �� wasn’t going to be easy ...the lad would be comfortable in the championship

Cracking result. Well done lads.

Proud Miller here. What a first half that was, with both teams attacking full on and creating chances. Quite clear to see how Bolton are and will be up there, with quality passing and speed up front. But we exploited their dodgy defence well and should have scored at least a couple more ourselves.

Impressed with game play in 2nd half. They were still carving through the channels when wing backs were caught forward so good choice to sit them deeper and close the doors on the edge of the box, where they eventually ran out of steam as it became apparent we weren't going to let them through. My nerves calmed in last 20 - didn't want to say it out loud and tempt fate, but I thought we had it in the bag and was looking for a breakawy 3rd. Greedy Pup.

Midfield seems to sorted if playing a three, with Oli (the new Frecks for sure, what an engine that guy has and no little quality) on the right, Wiles on the left (if he keeps that up) and Dan back on song in the middle. If those three keep good form, we can compete with anyone in this division.

Credit to Warne and the boys. Big week this was and a statement was needed if things weren't to turn very dark. Clearly the lads still playing hard for the manager and staff, and now need to kick on from this, not least with improving our chance to conversion ratio! Step up Grigg lad - I think any chance of promotion auto rests on him regularly finding the net.

What did you think Monts?

Excellent win! Lots of teams will lose at Bolton this season, very energetic and in your face. We coped really well in the main with the pressure.

Lots could be said but special mention to Rathbone, closing down and hustling in the last few minutes like it were the first few. Unbelievable energy by the maestro.

Game of 2 halves,but top notch in both in totally different ways,obviously being nice gets you nowhere,aint that right ?

Not watched it cause there's only I follow I can watch games on. Did say it's only a matter of time for Wiles to come good. Now it's Barlaser or Lindsay for 3rd midfielder in the side. See for myself next Saturday how we play especially back 3. Harding he's got to start on right of back 3. Ihiekwe also would have thought to start.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Not watched it cause there's only I follow I can watch games on. Did say it's only a matter of time for Wiles to come good. Now it's Barlaser or Lindsay for 3rd midfielder in the side. See for myself next Saturday how we play especially back 3. Harding he's got to start on right of back 3. Ihiekwe also would have thought to start.
    What does it take to drag a grudging compliment out of you?

Presumably, as usual, you were hoping we would lose.
    You may not like our manager but fortunately he knows much, much more about football than you ever will.

Massive turn around from last week. Well done . Has for where we or Bolton finish it’s too early in the season.

Why didn't you log on to Bolton iFollow and pay on there?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast