+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bolton Wanderers Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Presumably, as usual, you were hoping we would lose.
    You may not like our manager but fortunately he knows much, much more about football than you ever will.
    Should wait to see about that cause I'm not convinced about back 3 that started today. Be there next Saturday see then.

Also in NY managed to watch the second half great game management by the lads.

My MOTM was Rathbone, replacing tree 🌲 wasn’t going to be easy ...the lad would be comfortable in the championship

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Should wait to see about that cause I'm not convinced about back 3 that started today. Be there next Saturday see then.
    There are none so blind than those that refuse to see.

Are you still a better manager than Paul Warne?

That is another game that I have thoroughly enjoyed. We've been value for money in each game this year (Fleetwood? ).

It's a weird thing for me that the results are more important than the entertainment.

This team with the players we have are a dream to watch. It's just a Rotherham United team that we have and it's great.

Big shout out to PW and his bold substitutions today.
    At HT we'd effectively won the game assuming we kept it tight.
    Harding for Cheio was absolutely the right call. Stop them trying to play round the outside and we didn't need Cheio by then.
    Same with Lindsay for Barlasser. Tighten up with a bit of steel

Gru how arrogant are you? Far from saying Wiles would come good you have consistently said he shouldn’t be in the team/Warnes favourite etc etc
    Also why should Icky and Harding be in the team?
    Harding would admit him the had a nightmare against Fleetwood and has been isolating Icky hasn’t trained all week presumably the likes of Mattock Bola Barlaser and Reg have kept their places on merit after the Lincoln game and rightly so
    Wasn’t Wiles sub the other night? Well he’s responded in the best way possible today
    It’s a squad game everyone will play a part let’s give a bit of credit where it’s due eh?
    Oh one final note the guy you are always writing off had another blinder today you know who he is the one you always say is past it our 36 years young skipper

A gripe at the officials today for acceding to their players and fans.
    Jonah saves the ball going for a corner, lino does nothing, then we have 5 seconds of screaming from their fans and only then he springs into life waving for a corner way over on the far side. There's no way he could have seen that.

One of our players commits a foul, ref blows for a foul, Isgrove starts flailing his arms around for five seconds and it's only after the histrionics that the ref pulls out a card.

I think Richie Barker had enough of this nonsense and told Evatt what he thought of them hence the handbags on-the touchline
    Last edited by flourbasher; 18-09-2021 at 06:38 PM.

----

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    That is another game that I have thoroughly enjoyed. We've been value for money in each game this year (Fleetwood? ).

It's a weird thing for me that the results are more important than the entertainment.

This team with the players we have are a dream to watch. It's just a Rotherham United team that we have and it's great.
    In fairness to the critics Frog, there was up to last weekend a worry that we weren't clicking, going a bit hoofball with little flair. Iwas worried that we had gone as far as we could with this group and manager, that it could be the end. But the last two games have been as good a response as a true Millers fan (not those wanting us to lose as Warne is too nice/pc) and if we can keep playing on this attacking style, using the midfield as well as hight when profitable, then I agree we are great to watch. I've loved the entertainment value of the play two games, and we've played some great stuff. Need to take more of those chances though! Proud Miller

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    In fairness to the critics Frog, there was up to last weekend a worry that we weren't clicking, going a bit hoofball with little flair. Iwas worried that we had gone as far as we could with this group and manager, that it could be the end. But the last two games have been as good a response as a true Millers fan (not those wanting us to lose as Warne is too nice/pc) and if we can keep playing on this attacking style, using the midfield as well as hight when profitable, then I agree we are great to watch. I've loved the entertainment value of the play two games, and we've played some great stuff. Need to take more of those chances though! Proud Miller
    Agreed. Non agenda fans had a legitimate gripe and it looks like the management also identified this and have tried to change it in the 2 games since. With largely positive results. Well done for showing faith and being bolder in our play, we have the players. Onwards and upwards, together.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast