+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bolton Wanderers Post Match Thoughts

Bolton Wanderers Post Match Thoughts

It just goes to show that a week is a long time in football. Apparently we all know who's to blame when it all goes tits up so who do we blame when it doesn't? Talking points of today? Starting lineup, two goals for Ben, 3 yellow cards for the defenders, 28% possession, substitutions, the referee?

Into the playoff places. Thoughts on today's game? Post them here.

Yep - a week ago the lads were booed off after the worst 45 minutes of the season ( and possibly last season as well).
    With two difficult away games against teams who had both banged in 5 goals on the same day the immediate future looked a bit dodgy.
    The 1-1 rout of Lincoln and the fantastic win today has definitely shown us to be credible promotion contenders, as we creep back into the top 6. Excellent to see Wiles get a couple as well - good lad.
    imho the Fleetwood game was our only bad one so far - we could have easily won all the rest.
    Fleetwood 2-0 down v Sunderland today on 80 minutes managed to get a point.
    Wednesday's turn to get booed off today as "grunt or grumble" starts with a "massive" grumble (obviously)
    Dead chuffed today
    Last edited by wrinkly; 18-09-2021 at 04:18 PM.

Rathbone were absolutely outstanding, Green Wiles and Barlaser were excellent. Not impressed with Sadlier contribution sauntered about like Freddie should have busted a gut to make an impact but nos trolled about !

Was a bit worried when Woody got booked on 5 minutes but after that he was a rock in the defence.

Wiles unlucky not to get that header for his hat trick

MOTM Rathbone

Clean sheet and great result

A well fought game, well under the cosh first 10 and it looked like we were going to get a drumming. Kept our nerve and soaked it all up and gradually started to press. Let's be honest here, Bolton should have scored at least 3 goals!

Up to his first goal Wiles was wobbling and not in the game and BOOM, he buries a beauty! Beautifully taken second goal and he showed all centre forwards how to head a ball down, another great goal.

Rathbone has been a steal from Rochdale and MOTM for me today. Barlaser back to his best, Smudge chasing everything down and flicking on great. Woody, immense and had me on the edge of my seat thinking he was going to cop a red. Mattock looking stronger but another booking? He's only 2 off a ban!

Oggy was never going to beat their left back all day long, very average game for him and rightly subbed. Overall, everyone gave their all
    today and rightly brought the 3 points home. It was a good game and trust all the travelling fans thoroughly enjoyed it.

Make no bones about it, Bolton will be up there around the top, come the end of the season, I liked what they had to offer.

Great result, and not a peep from gru. Happy days.

Up in North Yorkshire touring,absolute great week & wins like this make it even better.I just wish we hadn’t let our selves down against Fleetwood.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Up in North Yorkshire touring,absolute great week & wins like this make it even better.I just wish we hadn’t let our selves down against Fleetwood.
    They did all those at the top a favour today scoring in the 98th minute against Sunderland.....enjoy the rest of your weekend.

On my way back from Bolton and absolutely buzzing, I thought Rathbone and Wiles were outstanding, but the performance of the team as a whole was also outstanding.
    Bolton are no mugs, but other than the odd flutter they created nothing of note, and even though they had most of the ball 2nd half, had we had someone pacey up top we would have scored more on the break.
    They hit the post 1st half at 2-0, but smudger was so unlucky with his shot 2nd half that came back off inside of post, but a really professional performance against a team that will absolutely be pushing for a top 6 spot. UTM

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast