+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: In general

In general

In general we were every good as Arsenal. However, there is always a but or two, Any player who makes a bad decision should be dropped and that applies to Ashley Westwood the player was going wide before he was needlessly brought down. Then the decision by Pope was also woeful he showed the wall one way so at least he should be showing the other way but finished out of positiion. We never really looked like scoring and if was me the only forward man I would keep is Vydra who is the only player with menace. All the rest are well below average and should be sold. The only real positive today was Cornet who shook the team up. Why Nathan Collins did not get a run is baffling. Why spend money for someone who is only to be a bench warmer. It feels like deja vue for another signing that SD doesnt play,

I managed to watch the full game, we played well and Arsenal weren't much of a threat. Barnes should have jumped in the wall, if he's afraid of dementia he shouldn't be playing. Other than that we still looked toothless. A lost opportunity again.

It was Pope`s horrendous distribution that initiated the Arsenal move which led to the goal.From then on it was the stupid foul from Westwood and Barnes failing to jump in the wall that allowed the goal and as you say Pope`s positioning.Our current batch of strikers pose no threat in the PL so I do not know where the goals are going to come from.We huffed and puffed but we are so predictable and a lot of teams have now adapted to our style and with our team there is no plan B.
    Cornet looked a class above all our players once he got on the field.I just hope he is given the freedom to run at the opposition as SD has already said he needs to adapt to our style off the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    In general we were every good as Arsenal. However, there is always a but or two, Any player who makes a bad decision should be dropped and that applies to Ashley Westwood the player was going wide before he was needlessly brought down. Then the decision by Pope was also woeful he showed the wall one way so at least he should be showing the other way but finished out of positiion. We never really looked like scoring and if was me the only forward man I would keep is Vydra who is the only player with menace. All the rest are well below average and should be sold. The only real positive today was Cornet who shook the team up. Why Nathan Collins did not get a run is baffling. Why spend money for someone who is only to be a bench warmer. It feels like deja vue for another signing that SD doesnt play,
    We did a lot of huffing and puffing but have no
    Structure whatsoever to our game , the midfield got over run again and we persist with Barnes who is a liability imo anyway.

Dyche has to change shape , and play 5 at times in the middle , its dinosaur football hurts me to say it but it is- we tried hard second half but simply have no cutting edge to finish games off.

If Vydra and cornet don’t start the next game it’s criminal, cornet has pace a football brain and looks like a proper player on first showing.

Can we accrue enough points by end of December to give us a chance once we’ve bought two more recruits in the window.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    I managed to watch the full game, we played well and Arsenal weren't much of a threat. Barnes should have jumped in the wall, if he's afraid of dementia he shouldn't be playing. Other than that we still looked toothless. A lost opportunity again.

it certainly was a lost op...making it 12 home games without a win against a team in trouble, useless when attacking, lacked movement (predictable) and passed poorly....and we couldn't bag a draw.... even with Corneto unmarked, gifted the ball, he floats it to the keeper.
    have one word for it - Vacuous !

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)