+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burnley v Arsenal fans clash at Turf Moor....

Burnley v Arsenal fans clash at Turf Moor....

...and they are on about bringing standing areas back into Stadiums......jeez.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58611935

For some reason they don't tend to have a no mans land at prem games.
    Sell more tickets that way

In my opinion things like this need nipping in the bud before we end up taking watching the game back to the 70s and 80s
    A lack of segregation and stewards just out of school / college policing games on minimum wage is a recipe for disaster

I remember grief at Turf Moor many years ago. In the days before all seaters I seem to remember a very large iron fence separating us from their fans. Most of their lot weren’t watching the game, they just wanted to get at us.

I remember being stood there thinking “ I hope that’s a strong fence”.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    I remember grief at Turf Moor many years ago. In the days before all seaters I seem to remember a very large iron fence separating us from their fans. Most of their lot weren’t watching the game, they just wanted to get at us.

I remember being stood there thinking “ I hope that’s a strong fence”.
    ....yeah. in that huge stand on the side........scary times, but happy.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    ....yeah. in that huge stand on the side........scary times, but happy.....lol
    But why are football fans still intent on causing trouble? Go to any major cricket tournament or a rival rugby game and fans sit amongst each other often with alcohol by their side and there’s no trouble???????

It happened yesterday. Bolton U15,s left early and congregated right outside the away turnstiles and in the area where the buses are.
    No one stopped them, no one attempted to move them on.
    It happens on every visit to that ground and If anyone ever got seriously injured they would have a strong case for a claim. The stewards employed by that club and lack of segregation by fencing just aren't doing anything effective at all.
    Bolton are negligent by not doing everything they could do to provide a safe environment when the public uses their premises

Quote Originally Posted by miller172 View Post
    In my opinion things like this need nipping in the bud before we end up taking watching the game back to the 70s and 80s
    A lack of segregation and stewards just out of school / college policing games on minimum wage is a recipe for disaster
    Definitely

How many stewards just stand there and not have a clue

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    But why are football fans still intent on causing trouble? Go to any major cricket tournament or a rival rugby game and fans sit amongst each other often with alcohol by their side and there’s no trouble???????
    Never been to a Yorkshire v lancs game then.

And Durham

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast