+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Match ratings

Match ratings

Slocombe- 7: couple of decent saves, other than that he wasn’t tested. Distribution was good.
    Brindley- 7: pretty solid throughout. Did his job and tried to support the attacks until moving to a back 3.
    Taylor- 7.5: I like this guy. Superb energy levels but doesn’t always make the pass/cross early enough. Was tackled a couple of times in the first half waiting for movement in front of him that never came. Nearly scored a very good goal.
    Lacey- 7.5: Like a new signing having him back. Absolute class and tailor made to playing out from the back.
    Cameron- 7: shame about the injury, had a decent game. He seems to have one rush of blood every game where he runs into a dead end and gets caught in possession.
    Francis- 7: he’s slowly growing on me. Played some lovely balls today but also a few wayward. Would like to see him breaking up the play more.
    Palmer- 8: MOM for me. Great work rate, got stuck in and most passages of play went through him.
    Roberts- 5.5: Should have scored 2 today. Wasn’t quite his day. I’ve marked him down by half a point for picking up yet another card for dissent, and also going off down the tunnel after being subbed and not coming back to applaud the fans.
    Ruben- 6: also wasn’t his day. Won us the penalty but was largely ineffective.
    Wootton- 6: worked hard but didn’t get the ball where he can cause damage. Whenever he came short to receive the ball, and we then fed off him, we mounted a decent attack. It just didn’t happen enough.
    Mitchell- 6: same as Wootton really. Kept trying to make runs across the line but the ball rarely came.

Subs-
    O’B- 7.5: He raises the tempo of the team and seems at times the only player that runs into the space. Made a real impact on the game
    Chicksen- 7: didn’t put a foot wrong when he came on.
    IB- 8: never afraid to change personnel or systems when it’s not working, and he did that again today.

In summary it was a good 3 points. We were both lacklustre at times and also sloppy with our chances. I’ll take that every week if 3 points is the result.

I can’t agree with many of your ratings. Some of your ratings are because you like them. However, I respect your opinion.
    Notts today were average. We were never overly stretched and didn’t need to be anywhere near our best to win the game. Most players showed glimpses of quality as well as moments of naivety.
    Personal opinion is no player was better than a 7.

Yeah KTD’s ratings seem on the mark. We were obviously garbage in the first half today, a lot better in the second. If I was being unkind there seems to be a bit of an arrogance about this team that thinks they just have to turn up to games against the likes of Maidenhead.

I have absolutely no idea whether they’ve got it in them to improve against the better teams, hopefully yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I can’t agree with many of your ratings.
    In that case, give us your version. That's how these threads work.

Slocombe 7 - did alright today.
    Brindley 7 - good performance although I'd like to see him get forward more and put some crosses in.
    Lacey 7 - MOM solid...the new Mike Edwards
    Cameron 7 - not really troubled.
    Taylor 6 - loses possession way too much and a bit weak in the tackle.
    Francis 6 - average display
    Palmer 6 - clearly talented but needs to impose himself on games more. Reminds me of Reeves.
    Roberts 6 - misses a pen and a sitter and booked for being silly. Want to see more from him.
    Rodderz - 6 not quite at it. Loses the ball too much.
    Wootton 6 - works hard, holds it up, just not given any service in this system.
    Mitchell 6 - needs a goal real bad.

Subs

Chicksen 7 did okay and added some steel.
    JOB 6 meh. Doesn't do it for me.
    DKE. Not enough time, but would have preferred to have seen Nemane.

Can we see Vincent soon please?

I’d probably just give everyone a six. Did enough to win against a limited team and always seemed in control, but also seemed to be playing well within ourselves. Obviously Roberts had a nightmare in front of goal.

I thought Rodrigues was superb in the last half an hour or so. Deserved two assists, and he relieved pressure really well in the last ten minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I can’t agree with many of your ratings. Some of your ratings are because you like them. However, I respect your opinion.
    Notts today were average. We were never overly stretched and didn’t need to be anywhere near our best to win the game. Most players showed glimpses of quality as well as moments of naivety.
    Personal opinion is no player was better than a 7.
    To be honest I didn’t give any ratings because ‘I like them.’ I marked our defence higher because a clean sheet is the reason we took 3 points.
    However, I admit that I probably gave every player 1 mark higher because we won the game, and I’m a glass half full kinda guy.
    In reality, Maidenhead were awful and we should have had them dead and buried with 30 mins left to go.
    Regardless, we won the game whilst playing average. I’m happy!

I think KTD got it pretty much right, I’d take exception with Taylor who I just don’t get yet…awful in the first half but he did improve in the second 45 to be fair.

Think it was Francis’s best game so far, he has a lovely pass on him, but the opposition were the worst I’ve seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    I’d probably just give everyone a six. Did enough to win against a limited team and always seemed in control, but also seemed to be playing well within ourselves. Obviously Roberts had a nightmare in front of goal.

I thought Rodrigues was superb in the last half an hour or so. Deserved two assists, and he relieved pressure really well in the last ten minutes.
    Agree with both points, on another day the scoreline would have been much more flattering for us but luckily today we could afford to miss one or two very good chances AND a penalty without it affecting the result.

I thought Alex Lacey was a class above again today and was probably my man of the match.

Kyle Cameron deserves extra credit for so clearly and eloquently calling the linesman "a f*cking sh*thouse" after he decided to tell the ref someone had been fouled despite not flagging for it while the ref was on his arse after falling over

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast