Slocombe- 7: couple of decent saves, other than that he wasn’t tested. Distribution was good.
Brindley- 7: pretty solid throughout. Did his job and tried to support the attacks until moving to a back 3.
Taylor- 7.5: I like this guy. Superb energy levels but doesn’t always make the pass/cross early enough. Was tackled a couple of times in the first half waiting for movement in front of him that never came. Nearly scored a very good goal.
Lacey- 7.5: Like a new signing having him back. Absolute class and tailor made to playing out from the back.
Cameron- 7: shame about the injury, had a decent game. He seems to have one rush of blood every game where he runs into a dead end and gets caught in possession.
Francis- 7: he’s slowly growing on me. Played some lovely balls today but also a few wayward. Would like to see him breaking up the play more.
Palmer- 8: MOM for me. Great work rate, got stuck in and most passages of play went through him.
Roberts- 5.5: Should have scored 2 today. Wasn’t quite his day. I’ve marked him down by half a point for picking up yet another card for dissent, and also going off down the tunnel after being subbed and not coming back to applaud the fans.
Ruben- 6: also wasn’t his day. Won us the penalty but was largely ineffective.
Wootton- 6: worked hard but didn’t get the ball where he can cause damage. Whenever he came short to receive the ball, and we then fed off him, we mounted a decent attack. It just didn’t happen enough.
Mitchell- 6: same as Wootton really. Kept trying to make runs across the line but the ball rarely came.

Subs-
O’B- 7.5: He raises the tempo of the team and seems at times the only player that runs into the space. Made a real impact on the game
Chicksen- 7: didn’t put a foot wrong when he came on.
IB- 8: never afraid to change personnel or systems when it’s not working, and he did that again today.

In summary it was a good 3 points. We were both lacklustre at times and also sloppy with our chances. I’ll take that every week if 3 points is the result.