+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Areas to Strengthen

Francis looked completely out of his depth early on but seems to be getting better and better every game. It'll be interesting to see how Vincent fits into the side, which of the midfield roles he will take up and also how we get Nemane into the side, he looked very lively when he came in against Torquay but he's obviously not a wing back and I can't see him playing that role very often.

I guess at the moment though, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Is he still injured or not in favour?
    We have FA Cup and FA Trophy games coming up soon, which will give the fringe players a chance.

It's then up to them to make the most of it.

I've said this many times, we need a ball winner in midfield who can win the first and second balls. At the moment we have no one who can fill that roll. Its all well and dandy having players who are good on the ball, but its no good if they lose out on the 50/50 balls..
    Francis is not the man for that roll. He may be a decent player, but very seldom has he won many aerial battles...

Every team needs a SOB in the middle of midfield.
    A Souness or Vinnie jones type spring to mind . Have we come across any on our travels in the lower leagues that might do a job for us..?

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Every team needs a SOB in the middle of midfield.
    A Souness or Vinnie jones type spring to mind . Have we come across any on our travels in the lower leagues that might do a job for us..?
    Weymouth v Dover was the live match on BT Sport last night (Dover played pretty well actually), and the big Belgian lad for Weymouth who impressed against Notts had another decent game.

Not quite sure he's got the technique to play in an IB team, though.

On a similar note I would still be open to bringing DKE into the midfield if we need to close a game out.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    No question about it, we’re light in midfield. Francis may well turn into a good player, but I doubt whether he’s a regular starter in a promotion winning team.

Christ, Frank Vincent must be poor if Elijah Sam’s on the subs bench ahead of him. I suppose if Sam is on the bench we must be light up front as well.
    Might as well play with a player short than bring Sam on. ANYBODY is better than Sam. If there was a heading challenge between DKE and Sam..DKE would win every time.

We definitely need another striker. Sam isn't up to it and Knight is injured. The jury is still out on Mitchell but he could be the impact sub. At the moment we have no-one to bring on.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    We definitely need another striker. Sam isn't up to it and Knight is injured. The jury is still out on Mitchell but he could be the impact sub. At the moment we have no-one to bring on.
    To be fair Knight has done nothing too and isn’t the answer

Similar to Sam though in that neither of them have had much chance to impress, Sam has started a couple of times and scored that Puskas contender and that "cross/shot" only to then not be seen for weeks, that's not really how you get the best out of a striker stepping up to the level or coming in to a new country.

He (Sam) looks to have bulked up a fair bit since he first came in but I don't think he's the type of impact player you want coming off the bench to be fair and he's not going to get near the starting 11 with Wootton scoring almost every game.

Knight has shown signs of promise but came in more used to making lattes than passes last season due to Covid and injury has halted him this season, still too early to judge him imo.

Tbf last season he’d not played for months before he got a chance. His previous club seem to rate him very highly and obviously so did our recruitment team, he needs games I think before anyone can really judge.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast