+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Areas to Strengthen

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    To be fair Knight has done nothing too and isn’t the answer
    Who are you being fair to?

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Every team needs a SOB in the middle of midfield.
    A Souness or Vinnie jones type spring to mind . Have we come across any on our travels in the lower leagues that might do a job for us..?
    I’m sure there are many in the London based Premier League / top Championship clubs, but it’s easier for them to go out on loan to the National League clubs that are around the London area as they don’t have to move and can still live at home. The nearest option for us is Leicester City it would be good to build up a relationship with them to try and attract some talented upcoming players. I can’t think of the last player we had on loan from them?

The nearest option for us is Leicester City it would be good to build up a relationship with them to try and attract some talented upcoming players. I can’t think of the last player we had on loan from them?
    The last one I can remember (there may have been others) is Chris O'Grady. He was young and untried, but was pretty rubbish for us. He did go on to forge a decent career at a higher level, so maybe we got him too early or at a difficult time.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The last one I can remember (there may have been others) is Chris O'Grady. He was young and untried, but was pretty rubbish for us. He did go on to forge a decent career at a higher level, so maybe we got him too early or at a difficult time.
    Yep remember him, I think Leicester probably have better structure and upcoming players now seeing as the club has grown on its success. Someone I know was at the new training ground between Leicester and Loughborough a few weeks back and was amazed at the new set up considering the others that person has visited.
    Last edited by keldsyke; 19-09-2021 at 07:26 PM.

I think I’ve garnered from somewhere that Burchnall is a Leicester fan so you’d hope those possibilities have/are being explored.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    We definitely need another striker. Sam isn't up to it and Knight is injured. The jury is still out on Mitchell but he could be the impact sub. At the moment we have no-one to bring on.
    I've been impressed with mitchell, especially as he's playing slightly out of position on the left.
    Had good movement, Runs at defenders with pace and more often than not, beats his man and gets to the bi line. Created a couple of the goals recently
    Granted needs to start scoring, but think once he's off the mark, he could be a decent asset

A quick Google search throws up three more names from Leicester over the past decade - Jacob Blyth, Adam Webster and Jack Barmby. None of those trigger any memories whatsoever.

The search also gave me this, though, about an infamous former Notts employee:

“I am the current 18-23s Loan Manager Leicester City FC.

I support Leicester City loan players by preparing and organising their loan opportunities and experiences - both in the UK and overseas.
    I'm the loan players' mentor and coach.
    Throughout their loan periods, I watch their games, monitor their performances and speak to each of them weekly.
    The experience is busy, yet rewarding.”

Given that this person is a certain Guy Branston, we should probably not expect too many Leicester loanees this season.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    A quick Google search throws up three more names from Leicester over the past decade - Jacob Blyth, Adam Webster and Jack Barmby. None of those trigger any memories whatsoever.

The search also gave me this, though, about an infamous former Notts employee:

“I am the current 18-23s Loan Manager Leicester City FC.

I support Leicester City loan players by preparing and organising their loan opportunities and experiences - both in the UK and overseas.
    I'm the loan players' mentor and coach.
    Throughout their loan periods, I watch their games, monitor their performances and speak to each of them weekly.
    The experience is busy, yet rewarding.”

Given that this person is a certain Guy Branston, we should probably not expect too many Leicester loanees this season.
    Wow didn’t realise he was there!!

I’m sure there are many in the London based Premier League / top Championship clubs, but it’s easier for them to go out on loan to the National League clubs that are around the London area as they don’t have to move and can still live at home. The nearest option for us is Leicester City it would be good to build up a relationship with them to try and attract some talented upcoming players. I can’t think of the last player we had on loan from them?
    There is also the two Sheffield clubs and not forgetting our near neighbours that probably have some decent players to loan?

And Mansfield town....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast