+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: S****horpe post match

S****horpe post match

Apologies - I poste this on the wrong thread

Norman 5 I will have to see highlights to see what happened with the goals.
    Mellor 6
    Whelan 7
    McDonald 5
    Armer 3 Appalling in the first half
    Riley 2 Dreadful when he was on
    Guy 4 Nowhere near his standard
    Mellish 4 He tries
    Gibson 8 the only one who can hold his head up for the whole game
    Clough 3 Not a lot – a great disappointment
    Abrahams 3 Not a lot
    Dickenson 7 Can’t fault his minutes
    Young 5 Did not make much impression
    Alessandra 6 Decent
    Beech 4 he needs to get a grip
    Ref – good but not strong enough on their time wasting which was persistent from their first gol.
    S****horpe – they will struggle

Message to ball boys - when the other team is wasting time do not ofer the towel to dry the ball at every throw in

Chris Beech https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO86hgNYZQg&t=1s an honest appraissal?

S****horpe manager post match comments https://www.s****horpe-united.co.uk/...st-carlisle-a/

Apologies for my tardiness again.

I went for a haircut after the game this morning, then sundry shopping. Just having a cup of tea watching Bake Off now, but probably have some recycling to do before my ratings.

Glory, you know how to live. Are we getting minus figures this week?

An entertaining last fif**** minutes but that doesn't excuse the utter crap served about for the first seventy five. Comedy Chris once again proving to be utterly out of his depth. He can scout players for sure, and has signed some good ones, but his weekly struggle to get them playing any sort of decent football as a team is painfully excruciating. When we threw the long ball handbook out of the window and actually started to play a bit for the last ten minutes we actually looked a decent side, but will this manager learn a lesson ever? Will he f_ck.

I felt a lot of sympathy for Sc_nthorpe who totally bossed the game until that crazy last period. In truth they were an utterly dismal side, but for the majority of the match they were far and away superior to us. The level of performance today overall was simply inexcusable and unacceptable, we defended worse than schoolboys and were a disorganised unmotivated shambles. No manager can survive this surely? We've won one game a month in 2021, two games this season - relegation form.

Norma - 2 - Embarrassing this is the best keeper we can find. I thought he was going to be equal to Farman, I was sadly wrong. Communication - poor, command of the the box - poor, distribution - average, shot stopping - poor.

Mellor - 2 - Looks a shadow of the player we signed a couple of weeks ago, a fortnight on the training pitch with Comedy Chris has taken a heavy toll.

Armer - 1 - Form has disappeared down the toilet, needs a rest. Kamikaze defending and truly terrible use of the football. Add in squandering an easy header in the first half. Needs a rest.

Whelan - 3 - Shaky and uncommanding. Second best often in the air and not able to have the same influence coming forward as he did early in the season.

McDonald - 1 - Hopeless again. Big, lumbering, liability. His job is to be bossing the middle of our penalty area, where did both of Sc_nthorpe's goals come from? Should be rested and replaced by either Feeney or Disney. Neither could do any worse.

Guy - -1 - So out of form it's painful. Seemed scared to talk to the ref today for some reason, obviously intimidated by the fairer ***. Allegedly he's our captain, says it all really.

Reilly - 5 - The only midfielder having any influence and trying to drive us forward. Created out only goal scoring opportunity in the first half with a peach of a cross Armer somehow squandered. His substitution was a joke.

Mellish - 1 - Ran about a bit. Tried to cross the ball a few times, but failed. Efforts at shooting almost hilarious. Hard to think of anybody who could do worse as a midfielder, if Guy wasn't also in the side.

Clough - 3 - Seemed to be trying a play an entirely different game to the rest of the team. Wasted chasing long punts and fighting Jurassic size defenders for the ball. He has to drop back somewhere into midfield to get on the ball, so why not just start him in midfield and save him 50% of his running?

Gibson - 4 - Nicely taken goal, but a large percentage of what he attempted didn't come off today, which is fine as winger (sometimes it doesn't). The important thing is you keep trying and he kept his composure and in the end his goal was superbly taken. Inevitable his form will dip training under Comedy Chris and Skelton.

Abrahams - -2 - Pathetic effort. About as dangerous as being attacked by a half-arsed toothless hamster. Not suited to our tactics and it doesn't look like he's suited to our club.

Subs:

Dickenson - Largely awful. One decent shot and the equaliser bounced off his head obviously, but the rest of his game was, typically, stinking garbage. Someone needs to explain the idea is to pass the ball to players in blue shirts.

Young - Ran about insanely, did little of note but had zero service. Just for the effort and nuisance value more effective than Abrahams, but needs to play off the shoulder of a target man / genuine centre-forward.

Alessandra - looked busy for a couple of minutes

I agree with your summary and many of the points but I’m left feeeling that we could have let them score another two or three on breakaways in the second half but a mixture of their own ineptitude and some good covering, mainly by Whelan, prevented them. Players have to be marked over 90 minuted but I’d give Whelan a 4 and Gibson a 5 because he did show flashes of ability in the first half when everybody else were dross.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)