+ Visit Charlton Athletic FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wycombe Wanderers 2 Charlton 1

Wycombe Wanderers 2 Charlton 1

I remember going to Wycombe years ago when Nicky Bailey was captain. In those days Charlton didn't always play very well but could still win games. The managers would get the best out of the players at their disposal and tactics right but they are very much in the dim and distant past now. Wycombe have come on in leaps and bounds since then under the brilliant Gareth Ainsworth and are a team to be reckoned with even after their relegation from the Championship. No disrespect to Lavelle but the consolation goal did not mean much right at the end when Wycombe had already won the game and could've scored more. The wing play from Corey Blackett-Taylor was one bright spot.

Personally I think it's time for Nigel Adkins to move on now after this disastrous loss. He was never really the right fit for Charlton despite all the fanfare when appointed. I didn't see the game but apparently from reports the formation and tactics were all over the place, who should be played where and players disunited. It's very unlikely that Chris Powell or Curbs would want to come back but maybe now is the time to give Johnnie Jackson a chance, someone more in the mould of Lee Bowyer who I very much admired. But I cannot see a win on Tuesday against Gillingham and then Adkins' position will become untenable as it is now with only 1 win in 7 games and the team 2nd from bottom.

Wycombe goals: McCleary 43, 71
    Charlton goal: Lavelle 90+2

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/614...s-2-charlton-1

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...e-2-1-charlton
    Last edited by valley; 19-09-2021 at 05:27 PM.