+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interview with Mel….

Interview with Mel….

Ed Dawes is having an interview with Mel Morris to be aired on radio Derby at 1pm, an hour long apparently. Let’s see what he has to say?

What can he say. Lads I ****ed up would be a good start. Blame it on covid? Simply implausible. Blame it on Ill health? You should have handed the reins to someone else then.

I feel a s6.1 order under CDDA 1986 in the air, so it's best he says nothing or it could be used against him.

Blaming it on FRS12! So that's my profession getting the bullet, twas ever thus

Accounting for contingent liabilities or contingent assets? Not sure I follow

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Accounting for contingent liabilities or contingent assets? Not sure I follow
    Sorry FRS102. Good job I got out of finance

Ah yes, of course that standard that was issued in 2013, and mandated in 2015. Suddenly sneaked up on us, and of course didn't apply to anybody else. Swallow it if you want, people - but covid only impacting DCFC and noone else is sounding more the plausible the more MM talks

Arrogant two hat

For those who calling Mel Morris as above need to understand he has been bank rolling to the tune of 2 million a month and until you have been there its a bit rich
    Yes he's prob made many mistakes, but I believe him that he's 200 million lighter
    Without the EFL the protectors of football which is b*l*s*** have a lot to answer
    Clubs who get promoted abusing FFP get away scot free which is wrong they should start the Premier on minus 12 but because they are in another league body it doesn't apply
    I agree with him the EFL have affected the sale, strikes me they don't protect clubs their sanctions take them down, I thought their role is to give help not hindrence
    I think administration was the only option due to the EFL hindering the sale
    Lets hope Mel is right that many investors are ready now to step in

He hasn't been bankrolling anything you mug, he's bled the club dry trying to reach the bubble world of the premier league and risked not a penny of his wonga, he hasn't got 800m quid you utter naïve wet wipes. He's probably got around 5m in hard cash and whatever else he's got is in assets which WILL NOT be tied to the club,, He's making up company holdings and putting the stadium and training ground in them its absolutely disgusting what he's been doing,, he chased the big time with the clubs money so he could hob nob it with the big boys up there,, it was all about Mel and his pathetic ego

Switch the lights off and just shut it down we're ****ed, there's no coming back from this

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    He hasn't been bankrolling anything you mug, he's bled the club dry trying to reach the bubble world of the premier league and risked not a penny of his wonga, he hasn't got 800m quid you utter naïve wet wipes. He's probably got around 5m in hard cash and whatever else he's got is in assets which WILL NOT be tied to the club,, He's making up company holdings and putting the stadium and training ground in them its absolutely disgusting what he's been doing,, he chased the big time with the clubs money so he could hob nob it with the big boys up there,, it was all about Mel and his pathetic ego

Switch the lights off and just shut it down we're ****ed, there's no coming back from this
    If you think we're ****ed go away support somone else
    I vowed to never reply to your drivel but this is the last time

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)