+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If it’s 12, okay! If it’s 21, not okay!

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Mel Morris confirms the restated accounts, yet to be published. Would breach the financial sustainability rules and lead to a further potential points deduction?

Twitter- BBC/Derby
    No **** Sherlock - why do you think the previous policies had been adopted

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    No **** Sherlock - why do you think the previous policies had been adopted
    Apologies GP, the bbc just announced it.
    Nice of Morris though to confirm it.

He did indeed say 4 points, based on exceeding FFP by £4M.

According to Football League World the Administrators have reluctantly accepted a further 9 point deduction making the dreaded 21.
    If true things just got worse!

FLW? If that's the source, I don't believe it.

There starts to become an element of farce here, because at 21 pts it becomes meaningless, the club would be effectively relegated before the end of the season.

Of course what it would mean is that the club could then start preparations for life in league one now and use the Jan transfer window to acquire players with that in mind rather than a desperate relegation battle.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    There starts to become an element of farce here, because at 21 pts it becomes meaningless, the club would be effectively relegated before the end of the season. .
    I have to say that, in my 60 odd years of following football, most teams that have been relegated are generally relegated "before the end of the season"

You'd be annoyed if you were Stoke, and just lost to us, when if we get the 21 point ban we don't become competitive and play weaker teams as if it's a training exercise. If anything, further points deductions may hurt other teams more than us!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I have to say that, in my 60 odd years of following football, most teams that have been relegated are generally relegated "before the end of the season"

I guess in your 60 years you've generally spouted more pointless observations than those that were actually worth uttering. On the other hand it might be your so thick that the general gist of what I posted eluded you, in which case I apologise, as I did think you were capable of understanding things without an explicit explanation, but one must not discriminate against those less sentient.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    There starts to become an element of farce here, because at 21 pts it becomes meaningless, the club would be effectively relegated before the end of the season.

Of course what it would mean is that the club could then start preparations for life in league one now and use the Jan transfer window to acquire players with that in mind rather than a desperate relegation battle.
    Current embargo? 2 more years of embargo to come? Acquire players?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)