+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If it’s 12, okay! If it’s 21, not okay!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    You'd be annoyed if you were Stoke, and just lost to us, when if we get the 21 point ban we don't become competitive and play weaker teams as if it's a training exercise. If anything, further points deductions may hurt other teams more than us!
    Exactly my point, 21 pt deduction makes games meaningless for us (I don't think any team has avoided relegation after being docked 12pts) and potentially games become a squad building exercise for next season, a chance to give some young players experience with no pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Current embargo? 2 more years of embargo to come? Acquire players?
    I haven't seen any mention of a two year embargo and if the club gets new ownership, then I'd think that extending the embargo would be seen as unfair practice and challengeable in law, though one would hope that the EFL would want to avoid getting into a spat with whoever takes over the club.

I'm not aware that even Wigan who got 30 pts docked were hit with a transfer embargo after administration.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I haven't seen any mention of a two year embargo and if the club gets new ownership, then I'd think that extending the embargo would be seen as unfair practice and challengeable in law, though one would hope that the EFL would want to avoid getting into a spat with whoever takes over the club.

I'm not aware that even Wigan who got 30 pts docked were hit with a transfer embargo after administration.
    I have and so have others. We've twice been reported by Arsenal for missing payments on the Bielik transfer. Do it again and that 2 years will kick in.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I have and so have others. We've twice been reported by Arsenal for missing payments on the Bielik transfer. Do it again and that 2 years will kick in.
    I've had a trawl and still not seen any reference. However, I have seen mention of the Administrators negotiating with the EFL to ensure all sanctions are applied before new owners take over, or the end result could well be liquidation - because no potential owner will contemplate taking on Derby if there are further pts deductions transfer embargo's etc, post takeover.

The argument is that it would be inequitable and counter productive for sanctions to be applied to the club under new owners in respect of the actions of the previous regime - any bidders for the club will want there to be a clean slate going forward, which is exactly what happened with Wigan.

As for payments owing - now the club are in administration, there is a set process for paying creditors and the EFL will know that, after all there is Bielik's transfer, Keogh's compensation, Cocu's compensation, HMRC and so and so forth.

So I think your making assumptions as to what may happen the fact is nobody knows though at this stage the Administrators are making positive noises.

MA quotes from Trevor Birch EFL CEO

Asked if any further points deductions are likely to come this season or follow on into next season as well, Mr Birch said:

“We are working with the administrator now on the outstanding issues on the settlement on profit and sustainability, and one would hope they would certainly want that to be drawn to a conclusion so that they can achieve a sale with a purchaser, and certainty about the future.

“I would hope it would all be dealt with this season.”

How soon can the transfer embargo be relaxed or lifted, and what’s needed for that to happen?

“Well they’re under an embargo under the administration now, so until they move out of and exit administration those embargoes will remain in place.”

Source DET

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)