+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Farewell Jimmy Greaves

Farewell Jimmy Greaves

I am sad to see that the great Jimmy Greaves has passed away. He was the reason that I started supporting Spurs at the end of the 60's. His goal scoring record, particularly for Spurs, Chelsea and England was outstanding. How fitting that Spurs play Chelsea today.

My thoughts today are with his family and friends. RIP Jimmy Greaves.

A great footballer, a great character and most importantly a great loss.
    At ease now mate.

https://youtu.be/cB8Csr1W29I

And now Boycie has gone. Double RIP.

How lucky I was to see him play on the Turf in his prime, the best centre forward I've ever seen probably the difference between Spurs being the team of the sixties and not Burnley.Words can't describe how talented a player he was.

RIP and thankyou

I remember the likeable tv personality side of Greavesie, and his comic timing with his mate Ian St John will live long in the memory for me as a footy fan. Really good Satdy afternoon tv, as a build up to the matches later on in the day.

In fact, Satdy match days were never the same again after their show was scrapped.

Another great gone and a man much loved by Swindon supporters for supporting us in the 1991 scandal of relegating us 2 divisions! RIP Jimmy