+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can’t Our Supporters Behave?

Can’t Our Supporters Behave?

Seems not satisfied with knocking two Millwall supporters unconscious yesterday again was a poor show.

In the Station pub yesterday - nice hen party going to Blackpool having a laugh - few families going to Man City and having a nice drink then all hell lets loose when approx 100 West Brom supporters get off the train take over the pub - start causing trouble by letting off blue smoke bombs in the pub itself so it’s thick with blue smoke causing alarm to go off and pub emptied. Get to the ground and in the enclosed concourse more blue smoke bombs let off causing thick smoke and being hardly able to see. Wish the brainless morons would think of kids or those with breathing difficulties.

Walking back to the station 30 or so Preston supporters looking for trouble outside a pub and were dispersed by a bottle throwing West Brom supporter who charged at them with his mates. Was this necessary?

Pathetic goings on and soon a smoke bomb will have serious consequences. Was not on the forum last night as came back ill from inhaling so much smoke - not once but twice!

Complete knobs!

I fear that football will never rid itself of the moron element.

These are the same sort of people who’d get in your face at a pub or restaurant if they were with their family and someone came in acting like a loudmouthed t w a t!

I hate people who are oblivious to those around them.

My language can be terrible but I don’t use it amongst women and children, I mainly swear at myself when I make a stupid mistake.

I don’t enjoy being on the concourse at away matches and I don’t like the fact a large number of our away fans insist on standing up and blocking the view.

My son and I almost got into fisticuffs away at Derby a few years ago with a family of four yobs who wanted to stand for the whole of the match in the lower tier.

Complete f u c k wits!

The away match recently at Peterborough was one where the away fans (us) stood for the entire match. At home games (I am in the BRE) as soon as the ball comes anywhere near our penalty area, some people stand up; if everyone remained seated the view of the goal would be far better but no, they have to stand and the worst affected are the kids who have to stand on their seats to get a view of the goalmouth. The stewards do nothing.

Very annoying though, that some so called fans besmirch the name of our club with the sort of behaviour that apparently occurred at Preston, I had thought that WBA had been rid of them some time back.

At our game yesterday there were reports of fights breaking out when Everton's coaches pulled up in Witton Lane, the aggro does my head in - pointless, mob mentality and moronic. I'm all for passionate banter on the terraces without tourists on their phones etc but why some think they have a right to disrupt and spoil matchday for others as well as anyone who happens to be near them at pubs etc is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    The away match recently at Peterborough was one where the away fans (us) stood for the entire match. At home games (I am in the BRE) as soon as the ball comes anywhere near our penalty area, some people stand up; if everyone remained seated the view of the goal would be far better but no, they have to stand and the worst affected are the kids who have to stand on their seats to get a view of the goalmouth. The stewards do nothing.

Very annoying though, that some so called fans besmirch the name of our club with the sort of behaviour that apparently occurred at Preston, I had thought that WBA had been rid of them some time back.

I thought so too Ketts but the smoke bombs will end up killing someone. Sent pictures to Mick - the smoke was really thick and horrible - certainly made me choke and feel like crap all night! Not the first time as idiots threw smoke bombs on the pitch at the end against Blackburn which could have hit one of the players!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Seems not satisfied with knocking two Millwall supporters unconscious yesterday again was a poor show.

In the Station pub yesterday - nice hen party going to Blackpool having a laugh - few families going to Man City and having a nice drink then all hell lets loose when approx 100 West Brom supporters get off the train take over the pub - start causing trouble by letting off blue smoke bombs in the pub itself so it’s thick with blue smoke causing alarm to go off and pub emptied. Get to the ground and in the enclosed concourse more blue smoke bombs let off causing thick smoke and being hardly able to see. Wish the brainless morons would think of kids or those with breathing difficulties.

Walking back to the station 30 or so Preston supporters looking for trouble outside a pub and were dispersed by a bottle throwing West Brom supporter who charged at them with his mates. Was this necessary?

Pathetic goings on and soon a smoke bomb will have serious consequences. Was not on the forum last night as came back ill from inhaling so much smoke - not once but twice!

Complete knobs!
    Having not seen The Albion live in 18 months I have now witnessed 3 in a week. The flare on the concourse at Preston is unfortunately the incident that will live longest with me which is a sad indictment of both the football served up and the behaviour of our 'fans.' Is it the same idiot each time?

You'd have thought after almost 18 months away from our beloved game and a global pandemic that has claimed so many lives folk would be a little nicer to one another .

Our two home games against Coventry and Birmingham produced more bother than I've seen for many a long year .

The Coventry game afterwards was particularly nasty with many of our morons more than willing to engage with the Cov numptys .

Personally I've always found Albion massively less problematic than your West Midlands neighbours such as Brum , Wolves or even Villa .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    You'd have thought after almost 18 months away from our beloved game and a global pandemic that has claimed so many lives folk would be a little nicer to one another .

Our two home games against Coventry and Birmingham produced more bother than I've seen for many a long year .

The Coventry game afterwards was particularly nasty with many of our morons more than willing to engage with the Cov numptys .

Personally I've always found Albion massively less problematic than your West Midlands neighbours such as Brum , Wolves or even Villa .
    We aren't a bad bunch on the whole, though we seem to dislike the scouse clubs and most of the London one's.
    These games always seemed to bring the yobbos out.
    On the other hand we get on okay with the mackems and geordies as a rule.
    Not only are these yobs putting people's lives in danger they could also bring sanctions against the club.

I think the issue will carry on for a while because i was told most of the banning orders have lapsed while there has been no fans attending games.

Seems to be a trend - even Burnley and Arsenal had some trouble yesterday ..... not the sort of fixture you would expect trouble.

I think part of the reason is coming out of lockdown and all the tensions built up ... and now released. Was at the Lord’s test match in August - Lords of all places - and sat behind us were a bunch if yobs ... fuelled by taking in pints every 30 minutes throughout the day ... really unpleasant yobbish behaviour ... kids cowering in their seats ...... stewards too frightened to intervene ...and ruined the whole day ..... sign of the times unfortunately ...

Heavier stewarding, fines, bans, jail sentences needed ...... Priti where are ya?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)