+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surely Time To Start Tulloch

Surely Time To Start Tulloch

Must be given an opportunity as no one else good enough to score goals. The lad can’t do any worse!!!!

The one I think should be given some game time, even the last 15 minutes of matches, is Rico Richards.

Looks to have a bit of sparkle, good ball retention as well. Let’s give him opportunities before he is another off to the Vile, where he won’t get game time anyway!!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Must be given an opportunity as no one else good enough to score goals. The lad can’t do any worse!!!!
    Strained his groin during the warm up against Arsenal in the Carabao Cup. He's been unavailable for first team selection since and is only now approaching fitness. I think he'd have had game time by now had he been available. But he wasn't. Might be available for QPR though.

Play him when fit, has to be better than what we have, my granny is better than Zohore, Grant and Hugill and she been dead 20 years

Seen all of our senior 'front 5' in the last week. Robinson not on for long can be excused. Phillips was the best of a bad bunch at PNE and is at least scoring, Diangana 1 good half in 6, Hugill and Grant oh dear.

Seriously depressing have to try someone different.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Seen all of our senior 'front 5' in the last week. Robinson not on for long can be excused. Phillips was the best of a bad bunch at PNE and is at least scoring, Diangana 1 good half in 6, Hugill and Grant oh dear.

Seriously depressing have to try someone different.

Totally agree! Grant is absolutely useless and Hugill seems to be a worse version of HRK. Even a 10 year old could pinpoint - get rid of Livermore for a Okay/Gallagher equivalent and get someone who knows where the net is!!!

I wouldn’t have minded if Hugill had blasted it and it had just gone past the post or over the bar but that trickle of a shot to their keeper was pathetic!!!

It’s sad to say when Clarke comes back we will be a different side - but he’s not even our player! Why do we recruit players who aren’t fit and have partners on Coronation Street?

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Totally agree! Grant is absolutely useless and Hugill seems to be a worse version of HRK. Even a 10 year old could pinpoint - get rid of Livermore for a Okay/Gallagher equivalent and get someone who knows where the net is!!!

I wouldn’t have minded if Hugill had blasted it and it had just gone past the post or over the bar but that trickle of a shot to their keeper was pathetic!!!

It’s sad to say when Clarke comes back we will be a different side - but he’s not even our player! Why do we recruit players who aren’t fit and have partners on Coronation Street?
    HRK would have buried that chance. 100%.

Regarding trying some of the young lads up front as "Strikers" which this club seems to have no idea what one is, why not? If we go back up without serious investment we will come straight down again, so there really isn't anything to lose is there?

I've missed the last couple of games because of work commitments, so perhaps you've all seen something I missed previously - But in the Peterboro and Millwall games, I don't see how Tulloch would have made any difference because of his size.

We spent £30m+ on Grant and Diangana and our tactic with both seems to be to launch the ball at their head from inside our own half. Against Millwall especially, this was never going to work. It only got better when Hugill came on. I missed the Derby game, but I gather it was identical to Millwall.

Hugill will be needed because he is big and can win a header. That is our game plan now.

What I was hoping for when Val came in was high press, high intensity football, I think we saw it too in the first couple of home games. That's also how to get the best out of our forwards. The Millwall & Peterboro games were poor becuase it looked like the high press dropped.

Guessing the same happened v Derby and Preston?

Without that high press, we can expect plenty of more poor performances, regardless of result. And don't expect much from Grant and Diangana, becuase we aren't playing to their strengths.

If we play to the strengths of Grant and Diangana they’ll be on the bench; Zohore’s strength doesn’t even get him on the bench. We should get rid of all of them in January.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)